Best Options for 6" Lift - 35" Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have 35" Toyo M/Ts on 18s on my 2014 RAM Sport. Zone UCAs and currently has a leveling kit.

The tires are rubbing like hell on the driver's side plastic wheel well molding. Any pics of your guys' trucks with a 6" lift rocking 35" tires? Some people say it looks perfect, some will say it's way too small. I am already noticing a slight loss in power and would very much prefer not to jump up to 37s.

Any input is greatly appreciated! :superhack:

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How are you liking the RCX lift? Any issues/complaints at all?

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Nope. It rides great in my opinion, the price is definitely, a good deal too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nope. It rides great in my opinion, the price is definitely, a good deal too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to hear! I'll be ordering mine soon.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey Revo, what is the backspacing on those wheels? I tried searching and only saw 0 offset which is a 5" backspacing. Sounds like the tire is too close to the centerline of the body. If that is the case, a simpler and less expensive solution would be to use wheel spacers. I've seen posts of people using 1/4" spacers with 35" tires. That would be a whole lot cheaper than a full blown lift. Might be worth exploring.

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey Revo, what is the backspacing on those wheels? I tried searching and only saw 0 offset which is a 5" backspacing. Sounds like the tire is too close to the centerline of the body. If that is the case, a simpler and less expensive solution would be to use wheel spacers. I've seen posts of people using 1/4" spacers with 35" tires. That would be a whole lot cheaper than a full blown lift. Might be worth exploring.
0 offset, wheels are ATX Ledges.

The tires already stick out the side about 2 inches, making them stick out even more is definitely not something I'd like to do.

Maybe I'll go with a 4, maybe I'll go with a 6. In theory, would the 6 cause a significant amount of more wear compared to the 4 inch lift? The truck is already leveled, all a 4" is going to do for me is lift it another 1.5 inches, which I don't think would be worth $1300 as the tires would still hit when I run into a bump while turning.

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
RCX 6" w/ MT 35's... love the setup. Would strongly recommend you get some Bilsteins or Rancho QLLs installed at the same time... seen a few that didn't get entirely leveled, including mine.

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
RCX 6" w/ MT 35's... love the setup. Would strongly recommend you get some Bilsteins or Rancho QLLs installed at the same time... seen a few that didn't get entirely leveled, including mine.
Any specific shocks would you recommend?

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Maybe I'll go with a 4, maybe I'll go with a 6. In theory, would the 6 cause a significant amount of more wear compared to the 4 inch lift? The truck is already leveled, all a 4" is going to do for me is lift it another 1.5 inches, which I don't think would be worth $1300 as the tires would still hit when I run into a bump while turning.

How about a 1.5" Zone body lift, it only runs about $140.00? 1/10 the cost of the 4" lift and same height. No additional wear on the components than what you have now. Ride quality will stay were its at. IJS

Do you have a build thread?

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How about a 1.5" Zone body lift, it only runs about $140.00? 1/10 the cost of the 4" lift and same height. No additional wear on the components than what you have now. Ride quality will stay were its at. IJS

Do you have a build thread?
Seeing as I would like to upgrade the suspension of the vehicle, and obtain better ground clearance as well, suspension is the way I will go. One thing I decided is that if I'm going to cheap out on anything, it's most certainly not going to be this truck.

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
35 inch tires will be fine with a 6 inch lift . I got 7.25 inches of lift (6 inch BDS and 1.25 RCX body lift) and I get good compliments all the time. I do however need bigger tires because I have bilstein adjustables and rear coil spacers sitting on a shelf in my garage.So I can go 2 inches higher but I wanna wear out my 35s first. But as my truck is now it looks sharp I got moto metals with +18 offset (from when I had leveling kit) so I added 1.5 inch B.O.R.A wheel spacers after the new lift. With my 2 inch smitty flares they sit nice and fair to the flare lip.