Best Performance Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What are some of the best mods to up the power of my 5.7 that aren’t the obvious ones like exhaust and CAI? I saw something on YouTube about swapping out the fan and that’s something I would’ve never thought of. What are some mods to do to get a little extra juice?

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't feel a power boost with the v6 fan swap. If there was a gain I didn't notice it. I'd recommend a throttle body. Best bang for the buck imo.. and very easy to install. Diablo tuner is very easy to install as well and will wake the truck up.

OP
OP
Danny Smith

Danny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Intake, long tube headers, exhaust, throttle body and a custom tune. It will be a totally different truck with those mods.

Online I see a 90mm and 87mm throttle body as well as spacers, recommendations on these?

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I noticed the engine spool up faster so a little better throttle response with the removal of the clutch fan.

Custom tune is going to make the biggest difference, FCA leaves a lot on the table.

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Online I see a 90mm and 87mm throttle body as well as spacers, recommendations on these?
Completely forget about the spacer. They are just paperweights and do nothing.

Now when it comes to throttle bodies don’t just look up the biggest size you can and slap it on that’s not how they work.

The best throttle body you can get for our 5.7 would be the fastman true bore throttle body.

The throttle body is just a supporting mod though. You need a custom tune, intake, headers, exhaust, etc before you will see any real gains from the TB.

If you have the money to spend, I’d look into a list like this for real performance gains:

-ARH longtube headers

-S&B cold air intake or Vararam intake if you don’t live in a snow area.

-Exhaust (Carven progressive or Borla ProXS are the 2 biggest hits here)

-Unlocked PCM with tuner and custom tune from Hemifever or Jay Greene

-Camshaft upgrade and non MDS lifters

That’s just a start, let us help you spend your money as required :p

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Now when it comes to throttle bodies don’t just look up the biggest size you can and slap it on that’s not how they work.

The best throttle body you can get for our 5.7 would be the fastman true bore throttle body.

The throttle body is just a supporting mod though. You need a custom tune, intake, headers, exhaust, etc before you will see any real gains from the TB.

If you have the money to spend, I’d look into a list like this for real performance gains:

-ARH longtube headers

Feel this is a great post summarizing about 100 threads worth of content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

-ARH longtube headers

This is a great post. Key thing to remember is most of these are as stated supporting mod. Most of these wont do a lot with out the others. It will be small gains going one by one but add them all up and they will build some good power.

Intake, LT headers, free flowing muffler/catback and then a tune and you will have a good bump in power and have a strong base to add on from there for even bigger power gains. Let us know if we can help you with any of this. We offer just about everything and discounts for the members here

Now for something that wont add a lot of power but will give you better overall drive ability with added throttle response and great seat of the pants feel check out the Pedal Commander.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23645471-2...ottle-response-controller-pc31-bluetooth.html
Use promo code PC5 at checkout for a discount

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed the engine spool up faster so a little better throttle response with the removal of the clutch fan.

Custom tune is going to make the biggest difference, FCA leaves a lot on the table.

this right here, CUSTOM TUNE. a custom tune with trans tune is worth every penny. I can chirp the tires in 3rd gear and i went from 12.6 mpg up to 14.3, so it's paying itself back

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Just wanted to reiterate that a ported throttle body will be at the end of your bolt-on journey as far as gains per dollar in the performance aspect. It will need some other changes including CAI, higher lift in and out cam assembly, less restrictive head to catalytic converter exhaust, and MOST importantly a TUNE to get the compound benefits.