Best ring and pinion brand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with what my transmission guy says....stay away from Yukon.

OP
OP
Gooseit

Gooseit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was leaning toward Yukon. They have lots ads and such. What is there problem? Not doubting you, just wondering.
Thanks

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Probably AAM if they make it for your application, in my research i guess most brands are actually korean made in the same factory and if it has a K stamp its of the better quality. I went with revolution gears because thats what the shop used and it should be a K branded set. So far so good, no noise,grinds or howls on my 4.56 revolution gears.

Ramrodd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OEM gears should be the best since that’s what they use from the factory. I used Yukon 4.10s in my 09 ram and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He complained about the accuracy of machining. Many times a person would bring yukon in and the runout is terrible. He also seen differentials fall apart because people that will willing to pay to egear are going to use thier rigs, not mall crawling.

He also gave me a history lesson about the owner. He is just a business man not a experienced user, engineer or mechanic etc. Yukon is basically rebranded crap from the lowest bidder.

My mechanic isnt a "made in murica" guy. He knows that Eaton is made in taiwan but still endorses them.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If stock, OEM stockers. just upgraded ratio.
If added power, Richmond makes good gears.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yukon 4.56's here.

38,000 driven on the new gear. Love every second of the upgrade!!

Truck is used offroad, highway, city and towing. No drag racing. It does get driven hard.

So far so good :favorites37: I love when trash wins :favorites37:

20180618_125728.jpg

Goes well with my inferior differential cover to!

:favorites25::favorites25:
20180623_125023.jpg

Pre Core 4x4 photo of course

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Find one with the best warranty and the most reputable shop for the install, one that tells you on paper they will back the job, especially if there is whining and excess temps. They might whine for a while, but ask how many miles of whining gets you a new set. Whatever brand you choose, it is a crap shoot. Many complaints on yukon, but they probably have the most installs out there. So I can't tell you if I'd trust them or not.

BREAK THEM IN CORRECTLY, to a T man, and document it, maybe even video it. If a shop tells you it aint important, run.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
maybe even install a gauge and a new cover if you are going to get one, before you get the gears. Research banks video's on diff covers, if you can keep oem you might opt for that. If the gears are too large, you may opt for a cover that gives the fluid the same curve as oem as possible.