Best way to go abouts lowering 4x4 4/6 regular cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mailliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, first post here. I’m looking at my options for getting a 4/6 drop kit for a regular cab 4x4. I’ve been browsing lots of forums but I’m still left a bit confused.

INEZ makes a 3/5 drop kit for 4x4, I read a thread talking about using a 4/6 kit? I could only find 4/6 kits for 2wd on this particular website, is this the one they are referring too? Using a 2wd kit on a 4x4?

Also I have found a 4/6 drop kit for 4x4 on another website, but it’s only for quad/crew cabs, I’m having trouble seeing the differences in the kit for a regular cab vs quad/crew? Why would having a quad/crew change anything to do with suspension?

Thanks for the help

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What did you end up doing? I have a 4 x 4 as well.
Go onto the 3rd Gen site,there's a lowering thread on it,that applies to your truck.Your truck utilizes leaf springs in the rear,so anything for a 09+ won't work,as they use a coil spring /4 link style rear suspension

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go onto the 3rd Gen site,there's a lowering thread on it,that applies to your truck.Your truck utilizes leaf springs in the rear,so anything for a 09+ won't work,as they use a coil spring /4 link style rear suspension
But, it can still be lowered with springs.