BEWARE: Bully Dog $250 RE-SALE/MOVE unlock fee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
AO19 is lastest update, and guy said the fee is for 2012's and up, cause have different computer. If there is a vin# next vh he said would be a fee." This is just what I was told, not really believing it.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Man this is unbelievable. Not only are they not bringing the best product to market but now they are charging a ridiculous fee that none of their competitors are. What a terrible way to do business and makes me regret purchasing mine in the first place. So is this update version related or VIN related?

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
guess I didn't need that bully dog afterall.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
wow, this really makes me NOT want to ever buy another bully dog product on a future vehicle. I still have my other one and i am using it as a gauge, but maybe I will just take it out so it doesn't so they don't get the visual advertisement when someone sees it in my truck. Terrible way to do business. Anyone wanna buy a good, used GT tuner?.......freshly updated......LOL.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ill give you $50 haha. Its really annoying, I was hoping to sell this one off and go to a Trinity with a custom tune once i had a few more mods to tie in and my truck is a little older. If they uphold this policy I wont be able to sell my Bullydog for anything and have to eat the whole cost of switching. That is fine, and wont deter me from doing so, but I think it is really greedy for a company who is selling something that is really simple for the them to produce for a high enough price already. They only offer 3 tunes for christ sake and the thing can not be custom tuned so anyone with a brain must realize the profit they are making on each unit is already there. Now they want to double dip so that anyone who has one is stuck with it? Its just a lame attempt to drive more sales and is crap. If the product is struggling, make it better, if its doing really well and selling fast raise the price a bit, dont eff everyone who has one already and all future customers who dont see this before they buy. Hopefully they catch enough flak for it and re-think the new policy.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bully Dog is officially entered on my $hit List.
It takes a lot to make me forgive, and I NEVER forget. :Bye:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well bullydog has changed their mind on the whole unlock fee. So you can once again move it from one truck to the next

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
still won't buy another bully dog product ever because they did that to their customers. The fact that they even tried is enough for me to ban them from access to my money for life. Principles ya know.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is kinda like what Microsoft is doing with the new Xbox One. I won't ever buy one because they can't make up their mind on users agreements and what they are going to be charging people for, same goes for Bully Dog. I am not a fan of companies being so wishy washy on products and fees.

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It doesn't take companies long to figure out who keeps them in business ;)

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont bother with there tuners anyways. get DS and get custom tune!!!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well bullydog has changed their mind on the whole unlock fee. So you can once again move it from one truck to the next

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Greedy B'tards found sales plummeting no doubt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca