Re-Man Engine makes Exhaust sound different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkRam2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello All, well it has been a long 3 months since my old engine got destroyed by P*.*Bys doing a Cam job which ultimately
ended up in me getting a new Re-man 5.7l Hemi Engine. One particular question I had with this new engine is my truck does
not sound exactly like my old engine when it ran good. The engine sounds real loud under the hood but not much exhaust sound
coming from the back that usually you are used to hearing, that sexy room sound.. It sounds like all engine under the hood,
It appears to drive good, however, the Gas mileage isn't as good I think, maybe 50 gallons less a tank, but I'm using 89 octane
now vice 87 with old engine. Any thoughts on this?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Re-man engines like Jaspers arent known to be quality rebuilds. so who knows why it sounds like **** now. Could be 100 things.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope this isnt your case and I really hope its not a Jasper motor because I agree 1000% with DILLIGAF . Jasper isn't known for their quality with any of their products. One of their long time sales rep's I used to deal with all the time when I worked at a local shop left them because of that reason. I've been burned a few times using their products. I would contact the shop that put the engine in and see what they recommend

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Shoulda done a reman VS crate engine cost analysis. Yes sometimes brand new things have issues too but it's far less likely and in my opinion an everything new product is better than a possible beer o'clock rebuild coming from some sketchy places. Just my 2 bits. Hope it's something simple tho. Check all pulleys make sure it's not a bearing or something goin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357