Big Horn vs Lone Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA HITMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey man, if you want to do the Resident Alien thing you can, but we DO take applications for citizenship.

My fiancée is from Ohio, and after six years of living here finally saw the light and became an Texas National a few months ago. We celebrated by barbecuing, drinking Lone Star and watching the Spurs win.

Ms. Hitman took on the role of a "Texan" soon as we dropped anchor here. Most of my co-workers are native, I just march to a different drummer. Texas is home till I croak...

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same stuff, different name. Up in north Texas there are dealerships that sell big horn and not lonestar

Oh and for everybody else, be thankful you guys have the bighorn and thunderroad. If it wasn't for the lonestar beginning in 2002 you guys wouldn't have those trims :p

Lonestars are only sold in Texas
I think they only come in crew cabs and in white, silver, black, blue and red
The seats are different and the have the logo in a few different places

That's on the lonestar 10th anniversary edition which aren't out yet

bashby80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone debadged their Lone Star and wanna sell that badge? I got a big horn because I'm stationed in Idaho, but want the Lone Star badge! haha.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone debadged their Lone Star and wanna sell that badge? I got a big horn because I'm stationed in Idaho, but want the Lone Star badge! haha.

I was looking and seen a few on eBay yesterday. I was looking for the 10 th anniversary badge for the glove box but no luck yet finding it.

BushBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You have to be a Texan to understand. :D

You call it weird, we call it loyality!

I'm in the process of looking round to buy my first Ram... This is exactly what I need. Fantastic. Congrats. For my work I need a workhorse for those long charges out along I20 and back along I10 but it also has to be good for over the dirt along the Mississippi on game ranches, not crazy off road, just farms and the like. Anyway, where can I get something like this?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Lone Star 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey man, if you want to do the Resident Alien thing you can, but we DO take applications for citizenship.

My fiancée is from Ohio, and after six years of living here finally saw the light and became an Texas National a few months ago. We celebrated by barbecuing, drinking Lone Star and watching the Spurs win.

I liked your post up until the word Spurs. GO MAVS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Bigbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 1500 QC 8sp, 3.21, Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found something interesting when going to the Build a RAM truck website. I compared the two trucks standard features. They were identically the same. I compared the optional items. They were priced identically the same. The only difference was a Lone Star badge and a Bighorn badge. The one with the Bighorn badge is priced $2000 higher than the one with the Lone star badge. Quite a premium for the Bighorn.

freefallin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found something interesting when going to the Build a RAM truck website. I compared the two trucks standard features. They were identically the same. I compared the optional items. They were priced identically the same. The only difference was a Lone Star badge and a Bighorn badge. The one with the Bighorn badge is priced $2000 higher than the one with the Lone star badge. Quite a premium for the Bighorn.

I wonder if they're still pondering this after 4 years. :)

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering one out of every 5-6 pickups sold in America is sold in Texas, it's no surprise most of the special editions are Texas branded. Longhorn, High Country, Lariat, Texas Titan edition, Tundra Texas edition, Lone Star edition, and the list goes on. Maybe we should all move to Texas LOL. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I own a lonestar. It's just a express or outdoorsman with chrome imo.