Black blitz paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can start scuffing. That'll take you a while.

Just remember to use a sanding block, not just paper with your hand.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
You can start scuffing. That'll take you a while.

Just remember to use a sanding block, not just paper with your hand.

+2! And spin away from the edges and not towards them (ifk if that makes sense to you)
Failing to do either of these will leave you with bare edges

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I went to tractor supply and they didnt have it, they had some other brand of tractor paint. Called some local dealers and only one had it but it was in quarts at 12 somethin a piece which would be over $48 for 4 but Ive found an actual gallon online for cheaper including shipping so it looks like Ill have to take that route. Also for the hardener do I have to use the renew stuff valspar makes, that alone is more than the paint... just wondering if I can use anything else.

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just placed my order, got the paint, thinner, and hardener... Theres no turning back now!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sweet cant wait to see the end result. i have thought about doing it to mine but never pulled the trigger.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
damn that's gonna look so sick...

is it a straight satin, or can it be glossy?

we may have to make a jd blitz black club... ;)

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its satin and the hardener gives it a little gloss. John deere makes a glossy black tractor paint which I would assume would be the exact same process as this.

lol you should do it too, incredibly cheap(the main reason im doing it lol) then we can start a club:005:

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
are you gonna put a clear made for satin finishes on it.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Its satin and the hardener gives it a little gloss. John deere makes a glossy black tractor paint which I would assume would be the exact same process as this.

lol you should do it too, incredibly cheap(the main reason im doing it lol) then we can start a club:005:

LOL damnt nick...tempting me like that haha pm me and let me know how much the supplies ran ya, If you don't mind... gonna run some numbers :D

Tapatalk Addict

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
LOL damnt nick...tempting me like that haha pm me and let me know how much the supplies ran ya, If you don't mind... gonna run some numbers :D

Tapatalk Addict

do you have a air compressor and a spray gun?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Nick is your paint screwed upon your truck? From the pcs you posted earlier today it looked like it was still in great condition! If it is you could just scuff the whole thing and hit it with a satin or semi gloss clear for the flat look rather then complete reprinting

Cod and joe, the paint is actually a single stage low gloss enamel, no need for a clear, there really isn't a benefit from putting a clear over it either (unless it's a low gloss and you want gloss lol)

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
do you have a air compressor and a spray gun?

I do indeed

Cody, so can the bb get to be glossy? iv always been a fan of glossy personally, but not gonna lie that satin looks nice

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick is your paint screwed upon your truck? From the pcs you posted earlier today it looked like it was still in great condition! If it is you could just scuff the whole thing and hit it with a satin or semi gloss clear for the flat look rather then complete reprinting

Cod and joe, the paint is actually a single stage low gloss enamel, no need for a clear, there really isn't a benefit from putting a clear over it either (unless it's a low gloss and you want gloss lol)

Its pretty screwed up, I just do my best to hide it in the pics lol. The roof is completely gone(mainly clearcoat I believe) and same is happening with the hood. But its got some good scratches all over it. Ive thought about redoing the clear but this stuff seems easier to work with and still cheaper

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine