Blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teachme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Hey guys I got a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 been checking out the air condition and bought a kit from heater treater of the blender or a plastic piece was broke when I used the test wires provided the actuator motor does turn I aligned all up according to the video and everything it doesn't rotate however when plugged into the truck not sure if they control on the actual heater of people or cold selector on the truck is badd I didn't know if there was a way to test that if anyone maybe had the wiring diagram or what voltage is supposed to come out of it to move the actual motor forward or reverse to open weather is AC or heat thanks for any help you may offer and got a great forum

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mop

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back the screws off a couple of turns. When I did mine, the new piece was just a bit too big, and was too tight in position. It works perfectly now.
With key power on, adjust the climate. You should hear it hum while engaging, and possibly slam closed, but not always.

OP
OP
T

teachme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
So it dont turn when hooked to the truck even if it isnt bolted up. I opened the actuator and applied power to the motor and it turns fine so I'm not sure if its getting power from the climate control or not. I want to meter the plug but not sure what readings I should see on the meter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Billythe kidd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have the same issue going on with mine. Have you been able to solve your issue?

I did buy the heater treater part, BUT the issue is that the motor to the blend door is not moving, when it is pulled into the wiring plug. The blend door will easily spin side to when the motor is off it by hand and can hear the door open and close with ease. The blend door motor will only work when the 9 volt battery harness that the heater treater system came with. That shows that the blend door motor will function with power to it. It does NOT work when it is plugged into the wiring plug.
I checked continuity from the plug that goes into the AC/HEATER module to the other end of the plug that goes into the blend door motor. Continuity shows no breaks in the wiring, BUT no power is going into the blend door motor from that plug....... I have tried two different blend door motors and two different AC/HEATER modules and not able to get the blend door motor to turn unless it is hooked up to the 9 volt battery. Very frustrating at this point. Is there a way to check and test the rheostat or another test for the blend door motor besides putting a 9 volt battery to it? If I can't get the blend door motor to work electrically I am wondering if I can remove the blend door motor and just the the little knob on the blend door itself by hand...and manually turn it from hot to cold?
Has anyone tested a AC/Heater module or blend door motor to determine if it is good? I may be missing something here.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I may be thinking of a newer unit & i apologize if i am

There are at least 4 actuators, ( little motors)
They are identical in size, shape, voltage
Behind the glove compartment, just to the left of the fan, there is one.
I think there is another one above the fan, it is for the Circulation door, ( that door either shuts off or opens the door that lets fresh air into the cab ).

The other 2 are behind the ash tray
if i recall correctly, 1 of them is very difficult to get to.

those actuator motors can be removed & taken apart, there is a set of gears in them, many times you will find broken teeth on the gears, if it is only 1 or two broken teeth, you sometimes can lift that gear off & rotate something like 180 degrees & put it back onto the shaft.

Those motors have a shaft or pitman arm that they drive,
That shaft fits into a small fitting, that fitting is sort of like what a allen head bolt head is like.
That fitting is usually what breaks, it directly connects to the door inside of the the huge housing that is hidden by the dashboard

This is a slightly newer year than yours, but they are almost identical

You can see the fitting that i am referring to at about 2 1/2 minutes into this video
It will be the White plastic part that he shows, that is what breaks most times

Last edited:
Reactions: Mop

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf