Bling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thechase721

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2018 Longhorn Laramie... love the truck, rides like dream however i do have one issue and see if anyone else experienced the same. The damn chrome trim on the center console will damn near blind you when the sun hits it just right, even with sunglasses on. Is there a fix for like new trim different finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 Longhorn Laramie... love the truck, rides like dream however i do have one issue and see if anyone else experienced the same. The damn chrome trim on the center console will damn near blind you when the sun hits it just right, even with sunglasses on. Is there a fix for like new trim different finish?

Vinyl wrap black or Plasti Dip...
If you go the Plasti Dip route I highly recommend taking that out of your truck for sure!!!
I have the same problem. haven't dealt with it yet, but I think I'm going to do vinyl wrap black.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I here this a lot. Is this only a center console thing? I have a jumpseat with a chrome handle but have never had a problem (and I have a sunroof).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2014 had the same problem as does my 2017.

My plan is to tape up the area around the chrome strip and give it a scuff wth a Scotch-Brite pad to creae a matte finish.

bryce88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the jump seat with the chrome handle and have had this problem before. It's rare but has happened. Interested to see what you end up doing about it.

OP
OP
T

thechase721

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate the suggestions, probably either gonna remove from truck and pay to vinyl wrap or paint. Dodge probably should address this before someone gets hurt.

Scott Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My big horn has a dull finish but I still catch the sun beaming off the trim near the radio. Almost unbearable at times. I plan on popping it out and painting it black or grey