Body Lift height options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I just finished doing Bilsteins at 2.8 up front and Readylift 1.5 spacer and Bilsteins in the rear. I am happy but not satisfied, it is tuff to tell a big difference between stock and my truck driving down the road. I am not in the market to do any more suspension style lifts, but I am considering a body lift. I have only been able to find a 1.5” and a 3”. The Zone 1.5” is my first choice, but was wondering if there any 2” BL on the market that I cannot find. Also at what height do
you have to worry about the steering extension as I saw in the 3” kit.

I like the price tag of the zone kit and the ease of installation. It sure I want to spend $450 on the PA 3” kit.

Thanks for any info you can add.

Anyone in the Columbus OHio area that has Bils and rear spacers with a BL I can come
check out in person?

59e8f035b2d762f768462c00fdd5670b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Buy the 3” kit and have a machine shop mill the spacers down to 2” for you ... Or 2-1/4” ... Or 2-1/2” ... At that point you can have any size you want

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've installed two Zone 1.5" body lifts. They're relatively easy to do (a powerful drill and sharp bits are helpful) and they don't require the addition of parts (potential failure points) to the steering. Never had any issues related to either body lift.

OP
OP
Racing Woody

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Buy the 3” kit and have a machine shop mill the spacers down to 2” for you ... Or 2-1/4” ... Or 2-1/2” ... At that point you can have any size you want

I like this!!!!

At what height do you need the steering extension?

Thanks for the idea.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like this!!!!

At what height do you need the steering extension?

Thanks for the idea.

Isnt going to work. Todays body lifts come with all the bracketry to realign your bumpers. So its not as easy as milling the pucks

OP
OP
Racing Woody

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think I have settled for the 1.5” zone. Less headache with steering and won’t be TOO high for the wife to complain about.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I've got the exact setup you're contemplating. It took a good 7 hrs for me an d a buddy. The worst part was drilling the new holes for the bumper relocation.

white wall wheels done.jpg

Altgilbers14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you put a 1.5 inch body lift on bils all around? Or was it just leveled with bils in the front?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I just finished doing Bilsteins at 2.8 up front and Readylift 1.5 spacer and Bilsteins in the rear. I am happy but not satisfied, it is tuff to tell a big difference between stock and my truck driving down the road. I am not in the market to do any more suspension style lifts, but I am considering a body lift. I have only been able to find a 1.5” and a 3”. The Zone 1.5” is my first choice, but was wondering if there any 2” BL on the market that I cannot find. Also at what height do
you have to worry about the steering extension as I saw in the 3” kit.

I like the price tag of the zone kit and the ease of installation. It sure I want to spend $450 on the PA 3” kit.

Thanks for any info you can add.

Anyone in the Columbus OHio area that has Bils and rear spacers with a BL I can come
check out in person?

59e8f035b2d762f768462c00fdd5670b.jpg

So do you have the 1.5 spacer in front on top of the bils? How are your angles if so.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the exact setup you're contemplating. It took a good 7 hrs for me an d a buddy. The worst part was drilling the new holes for the bumper relocation.

View attachment 156358

Hey Shadow hawk. Is there only 14 body mounts? I ask because in the instructions it says to use the "Factory Blocks" for the 2 rear cab mounts???? I can't figure out what they are talking about. Can you help?

(Zone Instructions)
Raise the passenger’s side of the cab and install the body lift blocks. Apply loctite and install the 12mm x 150mm bolts with the factory washers. The rear cab mount will get the large factory block with a new 12mm washer.

OP
OP
Racing Woody

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So do you have the 1.5 spacer in front on top of the bils? How are your angles if so.

No just the adjustable bilsteins in the front. The 1.5 spacers are for the rear. I was going for lift not level. It is highly frowned upon to add a spacer in the front on top of adjustable bilsteins.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No just the adjustable bilsteins in the front. The 1.5 spacers are for the rear. I was going for lift not level. It is highly frowned upon to add a spacer in the front on top of adjustable bilsteins.

I agree it seems to be frowned upon but I'd rather hear from someone who has done it besides the million nay sayers. I was asking because I have a 3 inch moto fan up front with a 2 in the rear. I'm going to put a 3" body on as well but was wondering if I could get another 1 from bils. I'd even find a drop bracket if I knew where to look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Hey Shadow hawk. Is there only 14 body mounts? I ask because in the instructions it says to use the "Factory Blocks" for the 2 rear cab mounts???? I can't figure out what they are talking about. Can you help?

(Zone Instructions)
Raise the passenger’s side of the cab and install the body lift blocks. Apply loctite and install the 12mm x 150mm bolts with the factory washers. The rear cab mount will get the large factory block with a new 12mm washer.

did you get it figured out? I don't remember specifically that step. I'd have to look at the instructions again. Did they include pics?

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you get it figured out? I don't remember specifically that step. I'd have to look at the instructions again. Did they include pics?

No not yet. The instructions don't show that. were the 14 Pucks in the kit all you just put on. I was looking at the rough Country Instructions and in their picture they show 16 mounts. I am planning on doing this in the next couple weeks

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O
K I just called zone and I guess the two rear factory Blocks are bigger than the fronts so you have to make sure the rears go back in the same spot. Makes Sense I guess.