Brake controller - OEM vs. Aftermarket (82215040AC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WEILEITE Integrated Trailer Brake... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096VK119W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So far so good. No issues activating it in the evic or the radio. It recognized the trailer is connected, but haven't towed it anywhere yet. The finish is just barely different for the buttons but most will likely never notice it. The buttons are responsive and feel solid.
Looking at adding eventually, and I was looking at this, versus an OEM one from fleabay.

New $101. Used $25?????? I don't know how often/if I would ever actually use it (my '18 has pulled exactly one trailer ~20 miles from my wife's uncles, to a storage unit to the house, and back.) So $25.53 is a lot more palatable, but...

I basically am trying to take my Rebel, and make it a fully loaded Limited, eventually, but still being a Rebel.

Basically, I can justify $26 a lot more for a function I might use once every couple years, over $60-100+, but I don't want to get the used model, only to have it crap the bed the first time I actually want to use it.

OP
OP
Intense-Dakota

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had no issues with mine yet. The sheen on it is just slightly different from the stock switches, but unless you look real hard you won't notice it. I would take the chance on the $25 used from Amazon and return it if there are any issues. You will need AlphaOBD or a dealer to enable it though, but still way cheaper than OEM + Dealer programming

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd do the oem just to not keep knocking my knees on the aftermarket and keep a clean look.