Brake Drag Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
I've seen some articles here about brake drag, but none of them described what the problem ended up being. I'm in need of some assistance. I have a 2013 Ram 3500 4x4 w/ 6.7l Cummins w/ around 35k miles (not my daily driver). I put a 2" leveling kit and 35" x 12.5" on the stock rims a couple years ago. The passenger side front caliper smoked several months ago. Doing the research, I replaced the caliper and both rubber hoses. To me, the brake pads and rotor still looked good. With the new caliper, there is noticeable drag. I also replaced the brake fluid using a hand held vacuum pump. I took it to the Dodge dealer and they couldn't figure it out either. They told me that they recommended me to replace the caliper again just to be sure. I recently did this and it seems that the drag is worse. All of the other three brakes seem to work just fine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.