Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If the tires break loose during braking, especially during an emergency maneuver, the ABS is supposed to kick on. That is LITERALLY the only thing that system is designed to do. In what universe would it make sense for them to be programmed NOT to come on if slamming the brakes on in an emergency situation? Can you look on the online manual and share with me the page you think this alleged system is on?

No joke, go read your manual. If I’m lying, I’m dying. The systems that impact not being able to initiate ABS on dry pavement are called Brake Assist System and Electronic Brake Force Distribution.

If tires slipping in a stop is bad, and ABS only activates AFTER tires slip, you think they wouldn’t start working on ways to keep them from slipping in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
No joke, go read your manual. If I’m lying, I’m dying. The systems that impact not being able to initiate ABS on dry pavement are called Brake Assist System and Electronic Brake Force Distribution.

If tires slipping in a stop is bad, and ABS only activates AFTER tires slip, you think they wouldn’t start working on ways to keep them from slipping in the first place?

But now the point in your argument is changing. Now you’re saying that there are systems in place to keep the tires planted during an amergency maneuver, a position I agree with and am trained on how to explain (peep my signature). Your original point was that the ABS system won’t engage during an emergency stop which is ludicrous because that is LITERALLY what the system is designed to do. ABS is designed to stop tire slippage from happening AFTER it has already occurred.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
But now the point in your argument is changing. Now you’re saying that there are systems in place to keep the tires planted during an amergency maneuver, a position I agree with and am trained on how to explain (peep my signature). Your original point was that the ABS system won’t engage during an emergency stop which is ludicrous because that is LITERALLY what the system is designed to do. ABS is designed to stop tire slippage from happening AFTER it has already occurred.

I don’t know what to tell you man. You observed that ABS didn’t kick in during a panic stop, and that bothered you. I informed you that there is a braking system designed to keep the truck out of ABS braking in a panic stop. If you want to feel ABS work, try stopping on a slick surface?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I don’t know what to tell you man. You observed that ABS didn’t kick in during a panic stop, and that bothered you. I informed you that there is a braking system designed to keep the truck out of ABS braking in a panic stop. If you want to feel ABS work, try stopping on a slick surface?

And I asked you to link it, because I’ve been with Chrysler for 12 years and I’ve never heard of the systems you described.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Both Brake Assit and Electronic Brake Force Distribution are designed to increase braking force overall or the individual wheel(s).

ABS does nothing if a wheel is slipping. It is designed to keep a wheel from locking up during braking so you can maintain control of the vehicle. ABS works in conjunction (it shares several sensors and modules) with the BA and EBFD systems while braking to maximize the amount of braking while maintaining control even if you slam on the brakes hard. In short the BA and EBFD help brake harder but ABS is there to keep the wheels from locking up.

Part of the ABS system is utilized when wheels are slipping, but that is Traction Control. Your also not trying to stop a vehicle when the the TC kicks in, so BA and EBFD do not come into use.

Ballistic308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I try EBC yellow stuff once. Wasn't impressed. They didn't even last a weekend at the track. This was on a 2800 lb car, can't imagine them lasting on a 7500lb truck.

Wow, a weekend. Sounds like you had a directive set. I got 60k prior to moving to green stuff.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Wow, a weekend. Sounds like you had a directive set. I got 60k prior to moving to green stuff.

Maybe. I see a lot of people recommend them, but as the saying goes, once bitten twice shy.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m thinking about new brake pads since I got bigger tires and plan to get even bigger tires.
I want a very low dust and superior stopping power. I have the hydro boost brake system factory pads and tend to have to push the pedal a bit more to stop.
As in my signature it’s a 2500 4x4 and Nitto 35-12.50/20
What would y’all recommend?
Keep it inexpensive please

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road