Brake Pedal Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TOM153

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed a superlift 4" Lift kit a couple of weeks ago. I feel like this has started up until last week so not sure if the two are related. This doesn't happen every time but when i'm coming to a stop using light brake pressure I get a knock noise that is heard but also felt in the pedal. Brakes stop fine and the noise sounds like it's coming right at the brake pedal. I checked everything under the dash and no moving parts. I took the front brakes apart and cleaned/greased them so far no change. I also pulled the ABS fuse and it still does it. Any idea what this could be?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could it be you have warped rotors and need new pads? It would at least explain the pulsation on the pedal and perhaps the noise.

OP
OP
T

TOM153

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could it be you have warped rotors and need new pads? It would at least explain the pulsation on the pedal and perhaps the noise.
The front rotors are not completely smooth could that be the issue then? There is not vibration or pulsation at high speeds only at low speed coming to a stop

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the brake pedal have an impact when the vehicle stops completely?And there is a low-pitched sound.I don't know if we are talking about a problem. You will notice that when the fuel is between two-quarters and three-quarters, a sound will be heard. My car is like this symptom. Check that the fuel tank and brake are not abnormal.The brake and oil tank have been checked, no problem found.(I don't know if the above translation by Google translator is accurate)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45