Brake Pedal Too High...Problem Solved $6.50 and 30 Minutes of Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparLifer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
4th Gen Ram owner. Purchased new.
One thing that irritated my soul was brake pedal on these trucks is too high. You have to actually lift your foot onto the brake pedal. A tall person as myself had to jam my knee into steering wheel first before applying brakes. Enough! I have been monitoring the forums and I see many people have same complaint.
Heres the fix...Raise the accelerator pedal!

- Remove the 2 10mm fasteners for accelerator pedal assembly and set aside (do not unplug!)
- Remove the accelerator pedal assembly bracket from firewall (2 13mm fasteners)
- Put bracket on a bench, centerpunch the studs on back side of bracket.
- Drill out studs with 1/4" drill bit...the studs just fall right out if you carefully drill the center (easy!)
- Install 2 M6 bolts 1-3/4" long into holes, heads facing firewall.
- Reinstall accelerator bracket to firewall
- Install 2 stacks of M6 large area washers (fender washers) equaling 1/2" thick (usually about 8 or 9 washers) onto the 2 M6 bolts
- Install the accelerator pedal using your original 10mm locknuts, do not over-tighten.
Shimming the accelerator pedal assembly toward you 1/2" working out perfect for me. Add or remove shim washers to your liking. Its now a dream to drive my truck in heavy stop N go traffic.
Moving the brake pedal is just not a viable option. This modification is just as sturdy as assembly was from factory. Just dont know why I waited so long to do this. LOVE IT!!

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I agree, pics would help

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members