Brand Loyalty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is FCA considered an American company since its owned by a foreign company? I've naturally got a ram or I wouldn't be here. My car is a Mustang and my tt is a jayco; so they're all considered American made. My phone, tablet, and laptop are made by an American company, but produced in another country. I briefly worked a second job in a GM parts warehouse. It shocked me how many of their parts come from countries all over the world. It really blurs the lines about items being American much of the items are globally sourced. You forgot one between Pearl Harbor and Vietnam; can't forget Korea. Lots of their products are hard to avoid. I'm not trying to attack your view, just expand mine. My stepdad has lots of souvenirs from Vietnam. They make it hard for him at the airport. He does still get disability benefits for those souvenirs.

You bring up a good point about FCA. As the auto industry evolves Chrysler will probably change hands again and be owned by Rambler haha

I guess in reality my American Made tradition may be just that a TRADITION with no foundation in today's marketplace. But, I am happy in my oblivion :33:

Korea, Roger that.

Thank your step dad for his service. Tell him "WELCOME BACK!"

55696240_2283693851651638_8525822373927059456_n.jpg

Have fun!

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clarify...you won't buy from Mitsubishi but you'll buy from Fiat? An Italian company, that was part of the Axis powers in WWII. Just like Japan was. And produced Italian fighter planes which fought against the USA and other Allied forces. Just like Mitsubishi.

I don't question your patriotism. In fact I embrace it. I love my country just as much as anyone, and will defend it with my life. But I question your logic here.

Tradition does not have to make sense sometimes. Haha. But I get your point and it is valid.

My logic is reinforced by the way American POWs were treated by the Japanese. Germany was not the guys in white as to POWS. But Japans treatment was barbaric and wholesale. It was an institutionalized system of hatred and torture and death. They considered anyone that did not fight to the death as subhuman. And treated POWs as such.

That colors my opinion to a great deal. Big student of history especially WWII.

Interesting discussion, I had no idea it would get this complicated when I simply meant to post a Ram item from the news.

Have fun!

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Based on the treatment by American soldiers no one in Vietnam should be buying American cars and trucks from your logic, nor for that matter the people of Central and South America whose soldiers were taught torture techniques by the U.S. military with help from the CIA. U.S. soldiers along with the Texas Rangers and the border patrol massacred thousands of families along the Texas - Mexican border to clear them off lands they has owned for centuries. A great many of the **** war criminals were given safe haven in the CIA (which Truman later referred to as the American Gestapo) and the infamous Wernher von Braun who headed up the V2 rocket program that sent these motorized bombs into British cities, and became head of the U.S. space program.

Does anyone mind buying a Makita power tool or a Sony television because they are from companies located in Japan? The only company whose products I will never buy is Mitsubishi as they have been destroying fishstocks with their factory farming and pushing species like tuna and whales into extinction.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the treatment by American soldiers no one in Vietnam should be buying American cars and trucks from your logic, nor for that matter the people of Central and South America whose soldiers were taught torture techniques by the U.S. military with help from the CIA. U.S. soldiers along with the Texas Rangers and the border patrol massacred thousands of families along the Texas - Mexican border to clear them off lands they has owned for centuries. A great many of the **** war criminals were given safe haven in the CIA (which Truman later referred to as the American Gestapo) and the infamous Wernher von Braun who headed up the V2 rocket program that sent these motorized bombs into British cities, and became head of the U.S. space program.

Does anyone mind buying a Makita power tool or a Sony television because they are from companies located in Japan? The only company whose products I will never buy is Mitsubishi as they have been destroying fishstocks with their factory farming and pushing species like tuna and whales into extinction.
What? When it's all said and done "The end justifies the means." Not going to comment on everything you said but as far as those **** scientists were concerned, would you had rather the Soviets took them in? We would have probably been Soviet citizens or dead right now. Personally I think we should do whatever is necessary to stay on top whether its nice or not because nice guys never come out on top. Not everything in the past can be justified of course but sometimes bad things just happen.