Brand new ram and 2 awful different sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phrater

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Express crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had experienced the metal screeching on my 14 Ram. it only happened when the truck was cold, and the dealer couldn't figure it out. After searching the web, it turned out to be the exhaust clamp tab on the passenger side, between the cat & muffler.

I tried finding a picture of it, but I can't now. But just take a flat screwdriver and pry up on the excess tab next to the bolt, just enough to get it away from the metal to metal contact.

I'll keep looking for a pic.

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I just bought a 2018 ram blackout express and from day 1 when I start the truck and shift into drive the rear brakes I assume but possibly the rearend makes an awful sound screeching metal on metal, now today with 3000km on it and less than a month old when I fired it up there was a god awful noise for about 8 seconds from the engine bay like the truck had absolutely no oil in it. "im not mechanically inclined at all but it literally sounded like 50 pieces of metal beating and scraping off each other"
So far I would have to say that this truck is absolute garbage guess im to used to driving a 2009 toyota that hasnt made a single bad noise yet with over 270 000 km on it.

So I think I may have a lemon the fit off all the interior pieces are miss aligned like the plastic molding on the driver door at the top where i rest my arm is extremely sharp you could almost cuz yourself on it. the window seals are off by about half an inch. the dash by the windshield look totaly missaligned and the hood has a half inch gap on the driver side but none on the passenger side. Also all 4 doorhandles looked like they were somehow overtigtened becuase when you look at the truck in the sun there is alot of bending from the handles to the bottom of the doors.

Well my rant is over but for 56k this thing I would have to say is 100% dissapointing will be making an appointment tommorow with the delearship wish me luck
Didn't you test drive it?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You'd be surprised how few people actually test drive new vehicles. I've only test driven 1 new vehicle and that was my first one. I test drove a similar truck when I bought my 2nd new ram, but not the one I actually bought. Last truck is the only one I purchased sight unseen due to a series of uncontrollable events and I didn't actually see the truck after I'd owned it close to a couple months, which I suspect outside of fleet operators is unusual. Used is a different story, but most expect brand new to be good and if not warranty and the dealer to correct any issues. I avoided driving my new one until all the cosmetic, missing parts etc were sorted out so the dealer or FCA couldn't argue about it being done by me or wear and tear.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
You'd be surprised how few people actually test drive new vehicles. I've only test driven 1 new vehicle and that was my first one. I test drove a similar truck when I bought my 2nd new ram, but not the one I actually bought. Last truck is the only one I purchased sight unseen due to a series of uncontrollable events and I didn't actually see the truck after I'd owned it close to a couple months, which I suspect outside of fleet operators is unusual. Used is a different story, but most expect brand new to be good and if not warranty and the dealer to correct any issues. I avoided driving my new one until all the cosmetic, missing parts etc were sorted out so the dealer or FCA couldn't argue about it being done by me or wear and tear.
I bought my current truck 2014 2500 without ever opening a door or driving it till 2 days after I signed. It was getting work done to it. Very very nerve wracking. I hope to never do that again lol. Trucks been great

Reactions: BWL

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fit and finish is flawless on my 17 Longhorn. Interior is second to none. I ordered this truck and when it came in I looked it over and fell in love, signed the papers and been a happy Ram owner since.

Thomas Haslam

Reaction score
Ram Year
17 crew cab
Engine
About the noise I have a 2017 ram crew cab hemi. When I come to a stop and take my foot off the breaks I feel a clunk noise can feel it almost everytime I stop. The dealer said its normal. I'm no dummy but it's not normal anybody having the same trouble. Other than that love my RAM

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
These trucks. I’ve had a 13 1500 and now a 14 2500. Both clucked. My Ford F-150 before this heavy duty clunked. I haven’t had a truck in a long time that hasn’t clunked. Never a single issue out of them but yes. The clunk is annoying. The only clunk free truck I’ve had was a 98 f150 manual lol

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys I just bought a 2018 ram blackout express and from day 1 when I start the truck and shift into drive the rear brakes I assume but possibly the rearend makes an awful sound screeching metal on metal, now today with 3000km on it and less than a month old when I fired it up there was a god awful noise for about 8 seconds from the engine bay like the truck had absolutely no oil in it. "im not mechanically inclined at all but it literally sounded like 50 pieces of metal beating and scraping off each other"
So far I would have to say that this truck is absolute garbage guess im to used to driving a 2009 toyota that hasnt made a single bad noise yet with over 270 000 km on it.

So I think I may have a lemon the fit off all the interior pieces are miss aligned like the plastic molding on the driver door at the top where i rest my arm is extremely sharp you could almost cuz yourself on it. the window seals are off by about half an inch. the dash by the windshield look totaly missaligned and the hood has a half inch gap on the driver side but none on the passenger side. Also all 4 doorhandles looked like they were somehow overtigtened becuase when you look at the truck in the sun there is alot of bending from the handles to the bottom of the doors.

Well my rant is over but for 56k this thing I would have to say is 100% dissapointing will be making an appointment tommorow with the delearship wish me luck

I bought the same truck and spent the same money after getting my ******** plunged with the trade in. I needed a crew cab as my quad was not gonna work with two young kids.

Anyways, upon deliver I noticed about 4 paint chips to the metal, 3 foot scratch on the bed and bad scratching on the rear bumper. They back up their vehicles on a fence with trees growing through it so the branches just scratch the hell out of their vehicles.

They fixed all this. However the fit and finish on the inside leave little to be desired. The window control thing moves around on me. The little handle thingies don’t sit flush. Door seals need to be adjusted constantly as they just pop out all the time. Makes it hard to be a hardcore mopar fan. But I’m also a sucker for punishment.

As for dealing with the dealer service depts. it’s tough. Especially in Canada. I find we have a much harder time than people south of the border. Best case scenario your engine will just blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
This wasnt even the truck I took for a test drive, the dealer told me it had the upgraded premium sound group and comfort group, and they would give me 0% and I would be getting a better truck for less monthly payment... my 56k$ truck has neither of these things after i singned the papers they brought a diff truck around to me told me they were paying for my 221$ registration for plates and when i went to pick them up they had billed me 30$ to pick them up and 221 for the normal fee. They swapped trucks out when they said they were going to fill the tank after they gave me the spare key they brought this new truck back with not even a full tank barely over half

Not be smart,but why did you take delivery of the Truck if it was not what you expected?

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I expect good paint-and expect all body panels to fit properly and perfectly aligned on both sides-and if I could hear clunking from the engine bay,I wouldn't even leave the lot. I bought mine 2yrs old and did a long test drive first and a major inspection of all the body panels and underbody. 4years now and it still drives and looks like new. The dealer was either a crook or you didn't do a proper and thorough inspection prior to signing. If the dealer didn't let you test drive and said you were getting a truck with more options at no extra cost-I for one would be suspicious and I would have said-no test drive-no sale. I hope the dealer makes it right for you.