Broken ECM harness lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Good Morning Yall,

So i finally got my diablo T2 and the new ECM and of course when i went to take the harness off the ECM the dadgum lever "ears" broke off without actuating the locks on the harness. I have found some now covers for the harness with levers, but i wanted to know if there was a way to get the locks down and back up without damaging the locks so i can install my tuner!! i hate looking at it in the box and not on my tuck lol *grrr* Any help would be appreciated.

Venting : I don't know why these companies use plastic "Stuff" under the hood where the heat will degrade the plastic and it will fail when you need it! this is ridiculous! why not have just a regular ol push/slide lock instead of something that requires a lever....

ok vent over.... carry on...

thanks,

Matt

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good Morning Yall,

So i finally got my diablo T2 and the new ECM and of course when i went to take the harness off the ECM the dadgum lever "ears" broke off without actuating the locks on the harness. I have found some now covers for the harness with levers, but i wanted to know if there was a way to get the locks down and back up without damaging the locks so i can install my tuner!! i hate looking at it in the box and not on my tuck lol *grrr* Any help would be appreciated.

Venting : I don't know why these companies use plastic "Stuff" under the hood where the heat will degrade the plastic and it will fail when you need it! this is ridiculous! why not have just a regular ol push/slide lock instead of something that requires a lever....

ok vent over.... carry on...

thanks,

Matt
Hunt around on You Tube,there's a video showing how a guy used a buttar knife to unlock the harness connectors after he broke the levers.

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the levers, yeah?

My truck came with them broken, I had to use bent c-clip retainer pliers to shimmy the locking gears into the unlocked and locked positions before the replacement levers arrived.

Anything that isn't sharp that will fit between the plastic gears will work. You can do one side of each connector at a time as well. Just gently push on the gears and give the connector a little wiggle until the gears move, then do the other side of the connector and alternate. Takes a while but it works. :)

OP
OP
MK82

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Thanks Yall, im going to give this a shot this weekend! well.... tomorrow.... lol ill let you know what works! Yall are the best!

Matt