Broken Lifter Boss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAKO2024

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I INSTALLED NEW LIFTERS ON MY 2004 RAM 1500 4.7 STARTED IT AND IT SHOT A ROCKER ARM INTO THE VALVE COVER CAUSING A LEAK . PULLED THE VALVE COVER AND NOTICED THE NUMBER 2 CYLINDER HAD THE LIFTER BOSS BROKEN THUS RUINING THE HEAD.LOOKE ON UTUBE AND IT SEEMS THIS IS A WEAKAREA AND DIDNT GET FIXED UNTIL 2008 . WHAT ELSE CAN I DO ??? BUY A HEAD FROM PARTS GEEK ? THANK ANYONE FOR ANY HELP .

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is very rare have only seen it a handfull of times I build 4.7s often and its usually caused by a dropped valve seat when the rocker comes off it wedges its self againsed head and breaks it. You most likely had a bad new lifter when ya fired it up BOOM Or when you installed the rocker was not clicked in all the way either buy a new head or rebuild a used one have rebuilt used heads many times with no issues I have tons of them laying around.