Bumper conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok guys quick question. So I have a 99 sport extended cab and I’m in the process of changing bumpers. So here is my plan. To do away with the sport bumper and put chrome bumpers on. I just ain’t much on plastic bumpers myself. Anyone done this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It's been done. You'll need to change the grille too. The frames are different but it all swaps over. You're at an advantage though because everybody else goes the other route. Shouldn't be hard finding what you need as a trade and you can likely make a couple bucks to boot

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
It's been done. You'll need to change the grille too. The frames are different but it all swaps over. You're at an advantage though because everybody else goes the other route. Shouldn't be hard finding what you need as a trade and you can likely make a couple bucks to boot

Hey man would I have to change out the brackets and all. But call me crazy but I’m wanting chrome bumpers and grille. The last sport I had was a 98 and it had chrome bumpers but the plastic trim that was on the bumper was blue like the truck.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Yes you would have to change it all. In 99 the design for sports changed

Yea well that’s no biggie really. I have the bumpers already but imma have to find brackets I guess and a grille. Thanks for ur help man

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah just logged on checking things out. Getting ready to get back into a 2nd gen hopefully soon.