Buzzing in Gas Pedal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malarkus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Hi has anyone else experienced a buzzing sensation coming through the gas pedal on the 4th Gen Hemi?

I have a 2018 Quadcab Tradesman 4x4 and Ive been noticing over the last couple of months there is vibration coming through the gas pedal. It seems like it only happens as I'm accelerating around 1200-1500 RPMs. It is NOT road vibrations and almost feels like electricity? Not that I'm being shocked while I'm driving or anything but it feels like the buzzing of electrical current. Don't know how else to describe it. It is driving me crazy at this point. Thought maybe it had something to do with my Stereo install but that doesn't seem to be the case now that I've checked all my connections about 800 times. Any insight on this would be MUCH appreciated.

THANKS

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
That's a new one, never heard of it before. Any other mods to the truck?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Turn off the the MDS, by selecting 8 in the ERS. I suspect the MDS is the culprit.

qwikz74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They all do that, it has something to do with resonance. Theres lots of threads on this issues on the net. You'll get use to it, all 3 of my Rams do it.

OP
OP
M

Malarkus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
huntergreen that did help quite a bit actually! Also wtf is this MDS ********!?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine might do the same thing..... Around 2k rpm under light acceleration. If you accelerate more you don't feel it. If the engine isn't under much load while accelerating you dont feel it. Outside of 2000-2300 RPM you dont feel it.

Lots of people don't feel it at all but I've driven 4 or 5 trucks similar to mine and they all did it. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it than most people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
huntergreen that did help quite a bit actually! Also wtf is this MDS ********!?

Mds is a feature that shuts down 4 cylinders when not needed to increase mpg. Good for long Hwy trips, city and around town driving, not so much.

Tom Machum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2018 Ram Crew Cab Laramie and it has this odd vibration in the gas/brake pedals. At the best of times the pedal seems "weird" but it seems like it's loose or something is rattling in the non-existent linkage, especially on bumpy roads. It's not a problem when on cruise, the truck is quite smooth, but when driving with foot on gas pedal, on bumpy roads it's very annoying.

I traded my 2004 1500 for this new rig and despite it being REALLY rusty, it was a much tighter truck in this regard.

Both trucks have adjustable pedals.

Help!

Thanks