C2128-00 OBD code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Believe it referenced power steering. I’m all up to date on recalls; many TSBs out. Is this cause for concern? It’s the only code I found. Unsure if I should mention it to the dealer, because they’ll be like “why were you checking codes”..

Aces and 8s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penstar 3.6L
It typically indicates an EHPS (power steer pump) failure. Is it active or stored? You mentioned no other codes, but also didn't say anything about your power steering not working. Did you recently disconnect the battery or change the battery? Sometimes codes like this may get triggered in the event of a dead battery (which causes the electronics and monitoring systems to go crazy).

Also, mentioning it to a dealer isn't going to throw any red flags or have someone asking you why you're checking codes. Pulling codes isn't hard to do these days.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
It typically indicates an EHPS (power steer pump) failure. Is it active or stored? You mentioned no other codes, but also didn't say anything about your power steering not working. Did you recently disconnect the battery or change the battery? Sometimes codes like this may get triggered in the event of a dead battery (which causes the electronics and monitoring systems to go crazy).

Also, mentioning it to a dealer isn't going to throw any red flags or have someone asking you why you're checking codes. Pulling codes isn't hard to do these days.

That’s what I found upon my research, yet I’ve had no issues with power steering.. there are TSBs our in regards to power steering, but no issues I’ve encountered.

Have not messed with battery. It has gotten close to dead a while back at 11.7 volts, but never fully dead since I’ve owned the truck.

I’d assume if I mentioned it to the dealer and if the TSB relates, then they’d do the warranty work because of the rate they get for it.

Wasn’t sure if anyone had any issues who had this code or if it’s something serious or not.

Aces and 8s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penstar 3.6L
If you're still under warranty it couldn't hurt to bring it up. With a 2028 I am sure you're still under base 3/36.