Calgary Dodge Dealer - Need to find a good one..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well, I'm looking at relocating to Calgary, and just had an oilchange done by EastSide Dodge, and am unimpressed with their attention to detail, and lack of ability to complete the job asked.

Requested: Oilchange / X Point Inspection / Valve Adjustement & Lash

Results: Oilchange / Multiple points missed on inspection / 1x Tierod end replaced under Recall / Valve Adjustement & Lash not completed

There were and still are two bulbs out (Passenger Reverse light and OHC center light)... All segments of the inspection sheet are checked as "OK".

I'm disappointed as even if they didn't replace the bulbs, they should not check it as OK.

Can someone advise as to the importance of the valve lash/adjustment as the service adviser said it wasn't important when I brought it up when I picked the truck up.

Any other suggestions? I've read reviews online, and I don't think Dodge gets any good reviews.... seems to be a trend.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Hopefully some of the experience Diesel Guys will chime in.

No One from Calgary area on this site Man, just a few AB gassers. I would suggest when you get to Calgary go and visit each one and talk to them. Ask directly what their experience is working on these Trucks, Tell them the standard you expect and whether or not they can live up to your expectations and the reason you are asking is based on previous experience having had monkeys work on your Truck. The SVC Manger with the best attitude gets your business followed by a Trial Run to see if they can produce satisfactory results as you shouldn't have to check everyones work after the fact. In a Large Urban area like that I'm sure its at least $120 an hour if not more.

Good Luck. Danny

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Its tuff to find a dealer to do right by you but that being said they are out there, just takes some searching.

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It'll be nice to have more than one dealer in a town I live in. You make a good point in that if I have an issue, I can always move to a different dealer.. and they know that too.. :)

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I suggest Crowfoot Dodge. They offer best car dealing services with wide range delivery at affordable prices.

Your username is crowedfoot dodge, you are typing like a salesman...

Why not introduce yourself, and explain how your organization is better than that of other dealers I've had issues with. Read what my concerns are above (not at all related to buying a vehicle), and how you could help address those concerns.

Last edited:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I see a two Litre Hemi in Buddys Sig...OK. I think you missed the point youmg man, the OP was looking for a Dealership with talented Mechanics to service his Diesel.

The question still unanswered by you RF Diesel Boys for the OP is as Follows for an 06.

""""Can someone advise as to the importance of the valve lash/adjustment as the service adviser said it wasn't important when I brought it up when I picked the truck up""""

Maybe this is unimportant, but I would seem to think if its on the list it should be checked and I assume it involves removing the valve cover.