Calling all SQ guys!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I agree with the x-over points. I found that in my setup, the more vocal range I took out of my doors, the higher and better the stage and imaging was. (Which happened to be about 175 hz) Although I'm running 3 way up from compared to your 2 way, I'd try crossing the tweets as low as safely possible.

On the other hand, without and deadening or treatments In the doors, you may be getting some resonances that may draw attention downward.

OP
OP
R

robo99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Lone Star
Engine
Thanks for all the help guys, it is appreciated. I didn't have much time to play with it this weekend, weather sucked. I have deadening for the doors, just need some warmth. I did a lot of reading on the matter, and think I have learned a few things about it, along with the help here. Thanks again.

AmoAgave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with the x-over points. I found that in my setup, the more vocal range I took out of my doors, the higher and better the stage and imaging was. (Which happened to be about 175 hz) Although I'm running 3 way up from compared to your 2 way, I'd try crossing the tweets as low as safely possible.

On the other hand, without and deadening or treatments In the doors, you may be getting some resonances that may draw attention downward.

Agreed. I'm actually doing it running a 2 way currently with the HD-3's taking everything from 800hz up and the doors lowpassed at 250hz. Relieved a lot of the muddy booming the truck had. 12db slope on both. Blends fantastic. I'll add a tweeter soon, but almost don't need it. I have everything slightly forward and above the dash, excellent sound stage and I'm maybe 35% done with the truck. Looking forward to the end result if I ever find the time. :)

The doors are terrible in these trucks for rattles and vibration. I used seven sheets of Raammat on the door, skins and the worst offender, the door panel which took four whole sheets. But mostly just going to notice it on the low end. It will help but still think he has a TA problem if the imaging is that low.