Can’t see the bulb I’m trying to replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, I just signed up for this forum cuz I need help. I’m trying to replace rt side turn signal bulb in 2014 ram Laramie. I have head light assembly off but I cannot see where the blinker bulb is located. How do I access the blinker bulb??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a different place I should post this? I don’t really use forums so having trouble navigating through this. Can anyone help?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What do the front of those headlights look like?
Since you have a. 2014 you would want to post in the 4th gen section, already moved the post for you.

OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 49

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Any of the replaceable bulbs will be through the cover on the back that's held on with screws.
With the projector style headlights only the High and Low beam bulbs are replaceable.

OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK the high and low beams work fine it’s just a turn signal light that’s out. You telling me it’s not replaceable?

OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate your help man, but I guess I don’t know what my options are.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The turn signals in the projector style headlights are built in LEDs strips, that are not user replaceable for most. Your looking at having to replace the entire housing.
It's possible to replace the LED strips but involves baking the headlight to soften the sealant and remove the front lens. Not the easiest task

OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You Gotta be kidding me man. Two different auto parts stores looked it up and said the amber bulb is what I needed. I appreciate the help but I’m beside myself!

OP
OP
J

Jdubb8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess you can’t post emojis but I’m almost crying! lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Two different auto parts stores looked it up and said the amber bulb is what I needed.
They most likely looked up the turn signal bulb (3157A) for the reflector style headlights which use them.
There's not many failures of the turn signals on the projector style headlights.
If you go looking for a used OEM replacement headlight, be aware that headlights manufactured for '16 and newer trucks use 9005 bulbs in the high and low beams. They'll still work in your truck.

FYI: Your truck has has LED taillights also, only the back up light is replaceable in those. The turn signal and running lights are not replaceable.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I noticed something that has nothing to do with the bulbs

The headlight adjustment device, looks like someone was not real careful when they were adjusting, it looks like the teeth are distorted

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the owners manual for your truck? It might show how to change the bulb you are needing to change.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As someone else posted. LED’s are not replaceable.
I could be wrong but I don’t think they’d burn out all at once. One or 2 may go out but the others would work.
I would check for wiring issues if they’re all out before looking for a replacement lens you may have the same problem with.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As someone else posted. LED’s are not replaceable.
I could be wrong but I don’t think they’d burn out all at once. One or 2 may go out but the others would work.
I would check for wiring issues if they’re all out before looking for a replacement lens you may have the same problem with.
I had this happen with the LED 3rd brake light on my 2008 Honda Civic. That light was basically a printed circuit board with about 10 LEDs on it, all "failed" at the same time.
A quick Google search lead to checking for a cold solder joint where the wires connected to the board. Sure enough. A touch of the iron and a dab of solder fixed it.
A new board alone was $68 at the time, plus shop labor if I didn't do it myself.
So, yeah, check the wiring, connectors, anything you can get to. Hopefully this will turn out to be a cheap fix.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Check the wires and connections, other than that……. The bulbs are not replaceable as mention, they are LEDs

Not that answer you wanted to hear, but it is what it is :waytogo:

Jd3443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L etorque
In the photo that you posted there are two bulbs. The bulb circled in red is your headlight bulb (hi/low) beams. The one circled in blue should be an amber turn indicator bulb, which is most likely what the auto parts store folks are referring to. The led marker lights are not user serviceable.