Can anyone actually help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aknott1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Hello, I have made a few posts asking for help/questions because I am new to Ram trucks, and have gotten ZERO responses. I have figured out the questions to those posts myself but this one I can't unless I take my ele exhaust system out first and would be out of my only vehicle until I get the parts. My flanges are rusted out where they meet the manifolds and I need to know what size they are for the new exhaust the truck desperately needs. What size ball flange should i get? Are they 2.25" or 2.5" outlet for the manifolds? The info doesn't seem to be online ANYWHERE

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I thought the same thing, but they mentioned that there was no online information

Then i looked at the vehicle under the name

OP
OP
A

aknott1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Thank you, but the links and online still don't say what size that ball flange on the manifolds are, I know the stock pipe is 2.25" but it actually changes size at a few points, I have all new 2.5" stainless pipe for it and will Y it into a muffler then 3" tailpipe, i just need the ball flange size. I may have to cut it out and just open manifold it 2 miles to the store after i measure

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
The exhaust flange gaskets are about the easiest of all to make yourself. Just buy a sheet of exhaust gasket material ($15 or less) and the gaskets you think it most likely will be, now you're prepared for anything. Use tin snips to cut the sheet and be careful with it, the sheet has a center layer of very sharp metal after cutting.

is

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn things must be frustrating at you parts dealer when you cant find or get a part without all of this.
How Do you plan on slipping your new flanges over the flair without cutting the pipe? Brake the bolts off on one side or the other measure it bolt it back up drive to local muffler shop and ask them what size they are. O wait maybe just go to muffler shop first and............

Mike68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've gotten little to no help from this forum either.
I'm guessing its become more of a garage queen site, then struggling people trying to get to work.
seem more interested in voting on photo's and expensive unnecessary mods.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a 1996 V10 but I have never had to remove the exhaust system on it. What I will say is my dealer has been excellent in being able to answer these kinds of questions for me. The parts book, drawings should tell you the answer to this question. Also, have you checked the service manual to see if it says. I tried to load a PDF version but it was too large. You can download it from here.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I've gotten little to no help from this forum either.
I'm guessing its become more of a garage queen site, then struggling people trying to get to work.
seem more interested in voting on photo's and expensive unnecessary mods.
If you’re on this site, you aren’t working.

Sirriggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say this. The people here have helped me a lot and that I am Thankful for. You have to understand that these people have life and problems as well so please be patience and someone will come along and do their best to help you. I myself work weird hours so I can't be on everyday. Thanks

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I find it interesting that a guy complains about not getting any help, but then can't be bothered to at least say thanks when he gets some. Tends to make a guy less willing to answer your questions next time around. Op, you have made 4 posts in 4 months, who have you been helping out? You do get what you give bud.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Either the OP is still searching for the information or he solved his problem and didn't bother to add to the body of knowledge to help someone else searching for this same information. Ironic.