can someone help me with choices of a torque converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonb1481

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
well i found out my problem is the tcc selenoid. and i might as well buy a new torque converter. but i want something upgraded. where it wont go out for a long time. money isnt the problem as long as it isnt way to expensive. my transmission is prolly a 46rh since its a 1994. does anyone have any recommendations on where i should go for one? and what stall speed i should choose? thanks!

Lghtning4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram
Engine
I'm in the process of doing the same thing and considering something other than a stock torque converter.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you looking to do with the truck though? Tow, normal driving, drag race? Stall speed all depends on what you do with the truck.

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
X2! Unless you are changing the cam, a factory unit will be fine. Maybe an "RV" style TC might be available, but don't lose too much sleep over this. If you are a little OCD, and do some towing, then a trans cooler would help you sleep better.

OP
OP
B

brandonb1481

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
i mean mainly either daily driving or towing. cause i have to tow things quite often. so what would the stall i would be looking for? after i do this i have an upgraded tranny cooler thats supposed to be better than my factory one. but i need to focus on this tc

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look to see if edge torque converters has one. And I'd say maybe something like a 2600 stall, but you may also want to talk to Matt at Moes Performance, or Tony at Discount Auto Performance. They can get you set up

OP
OP
B

brandonb1481

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
it didnt look like moes had my year of truck or transmission. and discount auto performance looks like it has good deals. but all that came up was the street ones. if i order a street one how will it effect my towing capability?

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All towing depends on is the stall I think. Once it locks up though, it'll perform just the same as the stock one. But seriously talk to Matt or Kenny at moes, they'll steer you the right way.