Can we change fuse positions in the fuse box for an accessory? - USB is always on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PokerPlayer77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2022 Dodge RAM 1500 Classic SLT

Center console has 2 USB ports that are always on. (I read somewhere that they shut off after an hour or two, but mine don't. Had a USB accessory plugged in for 2 days without driving and killed the battery).

Can I jump it's fuse location to another circuit that's switched so the USB power cuts off when the vehicle is shut off.
If so, how? Is there a video that shows someone doing this?

There's no setting in uConnect 4 to allow me to adjust power settings either.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Check this thread out

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you have a cigarette lighter & don't use it
On Rams in the past, they remove the cigarette lighter & install a usb charging port in its place
The cigarette lighter works off of a fuse that has 3 pin positions
using pins 1 & 2, it is always powered, using pins 2 & 3, it is powered with the ignition

something similar to this would replace the cigarette lighter

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
If you have a cigarette lighter & don't use it
On Rams in the past, they remove the cigarette lighter & install a usb charging port in its place
The cigarette lighter works off of a fuse that has 3 pin positions
using pins 1 & 2, it is always powered, using pins 2 & 3, it is powered with the ignition

this would replace the cigarette lighter

Nice ... that is what I was looking for lol ..thank you @GTyankee ... I am going to be removing the cig lighter and adding another usb

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
some of those adaptors have 2 USB slots, a 3 amp & a 5 amp
some also give you the alternator output or battery information

vehicle voltage display

1667797640827.png
1667797689685.png

Last edited:

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2022 Dodge RAM 1500 Classic SLT

Center console has 2 USB ports that are always on. (I read somewhere that they shut off after an hour or two, but mine don't. Had a USB accessory plugged in for 2 days without driving and killed the battery).

Can I jump it's fuse location to another circuit that's switched so the USB power cuts off when the vehicle is shut off.
If so, how? Is there a video that shows someone doing this?

There's no setting in uConnect 4 to allow me to adjust power settings either.

Thank you!
Yeah soooo I played hell with this issue. I installed a wireless Carplay dongle and it would stay connected if my phone was on the end table that shares a wall with the garage.

SO... there's another hidden fuse box UNDER the dash and you have to pull the knee panel to get to it. That's where the toggle fuse it, so the power ports get she off with the motor.

Unfortunately, I'd already sent back that wireless Carplay by the time I found it. I don't know why they would leave these on all the time.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone else have any info on this “toggle fuse” in the panel under the steering column. I haven’t had a chance to pull the cover yet but I wondered if I’m looking for a switch or something similar?