can we give the V6 some love???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey its all good everyone has their opinion lol cant get offended in this world ya know :)

I know i have a v6 but I also know I dont have or want the gas prices of the v8 haha so if i can make my truck look better even look nice with tires a 2-3 inch lift and just nice for me to drive thats what matters. And for the people who do the carolina squat i have more braincells than that. But just joined here to talk to other 4th gens about tail lights, head lights, issues if any, and other things done.

Keep on keeping on!
Pentastar is a fantastic engine, but your gear ratio will determine what size tires and lift you can put on.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum.
Happy to have you.

to answer your question......
NO

I recommend -bandging all the Shame from your truck, so no one can tell, at a glance what you have.
Think 'Holding a fig leaf in front of" image.

No way do you want to go with larger tires or a Lift of any kind.
Anything of that nature will tax your v6, slow you down & help shorten the life span of of what it really is a nice little engine.
Just nothing to brag about or show off to others. Kind of like a short stubby buddy. nothing to brag about, best kept to yourself, but still works just find and except for moments of doubt, makes those who have to live with it as a personal tragedy, er, Reality, extremely happy.

On a similar note, had my neighbor tell me he's been extremely low in testosterone for decades. Just blurted it out, no warning or even related to the topic. though know I understand the 18 year age gap between his two kids.

Wow, poor Wife of his, 18 years between Sessions. Talk about a slow rising Tide.
Explains why our lights tend to dim, when he goes off to work and she stays home, come to think of it.
So, testosterone in the fuel tank will fix him right up!? Eh? ;)

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pentastar a good engine...keep it simple no mods. Actually saw a 23 Tradesman 1500 Classic Crew Cab v6 4x4 with the chrome kit big radio towing and 20" chrome wheels looked same as a Big Horn albeit the Hemi brand new selling 52K MSRP for 42144 and change down in FL..good entry price on a full size Ram with all the good options and they're dealinView attachment 524807
Tradesman looks real nice in black with the chrome package, very classy and upscale for what is a basic truck. Our '19 Classic is very similar to that.

pacu44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
YES... Love my 2023 RAM 1500 Classic CC V6.

Just got rid of my
2017 RAM 3500 CC Dually CTD 4x4
and my
2022 RAM 3500 CC Hemi 4x4

While I did like both, and they both had purpose, those purposes changed this year.

I still needed a truck but I run 500 miles a week and getting way over the stated MPGs so far. more than 2x s the HEMI

Oil change done for first time in the V6 and way easier and cheaper.

Dont get me wrong the other trucks were great and I miss the grunt of the CTD but this V6 is criminally underrated.

I went with the V6 because it is a straight engine. No Etorque, no MDS, No ESS. No DEF.

Not hauling anything but some light loads to the dump. (work on house clearing out debris from renovations.)

Had a 5.7 in my 2014 Charger and no problems but got rid of that a couple years ago. Hated the MDS.

I have downsized my fleet but upsized the house where I will spend most of my time now... V6 made sense and I love the decision.

I had bought my wife a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and was impressed with how it drove and the MPGs so I ordered the truck with it.

Love my CTD and Hemi brothers and understand completely why people love them but for me. the V6 fits my lifestyle...

Happy motoring!

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think stock you can go up one size with no issues, that would be 285/60/20. Nice truck i love my v6 too.
Truck looks good! I might be a bit biased though as mine is the same color except for the bumpers.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
YES... Love my 2023 RAM 1500 Classic CC V6.

Just got rid of my
2017 RAM 3500 CC Dually CTD 4x4
and my
2022 RAM 3500 CC Hemi 4x4

While I did like both, and they both had purpose, those purposes changed this year.

I still needed a truck but I run 500 miles a week and getting way over the stated MPGs so far. more than 2x s the HEMI

Oil change done for first time in the V6 and way easier and cheaper.

Dont get me wrong the other trucks were great and I miss the grunt of the CTD but this V6 is criminally underrated.

I went with the V6 because it is a straight engine. No Etorque, no MDS, No ESS. No DEF.

Not hauling anything but some light loads to the dump. (work on house clearing out debris from renovations.)

Had a 5.7 in my 2014 Charger and no problems but got rid of that a couple years ago. Hated the MDS.

I have downsized my fleet but upsized the house where I will spend most of my time now... V6 made sense and I love the decision.

I had bought my wife a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and was impressed with how it drove and the MPGs so I ordered the truck with it.

Love my CTD and Hemi brothers and understand completely why people love them but for me. the V6 fits my lifestyle...

Happy motoring!
We think exactly alike!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Around town im getting about 19-20 mpg and on highway getting around 24
FTR if U happy with the V6, than motor on. At least it is not a GM with the 2.7L 4 cylinder turbo they R putting in 6600 lb Silverado's, lol. I have only had one truck with a 6 Cylinder, was an older Ford F 150 with the inline 6 300. Wat a motor. manual shift, fun to drive, U could not kill it. Do ne thing, just not fast. But alas, U have wat U wanted, Drive it, Maintain it, Enjoy it.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm excited about my 3.6 I should get it Tuesday. 8 speed with a 5:1 first gear
Got my wife's WK2 in summer of 19 with same engine/transmission.
Did 113k km with a 3.7 cyclone in my F150 including towing and hauling most of which on 33" LT tires. Have a 3.7 cyclone in my Transit 250 with 78k km.
I'd take a 3.7 over a 2 or 3 valve 4.6 Mod any day of the week
And I'll take a 3.6 over a 4.7 power tech any day of the week. Especially when those were paired to a 545RFE

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FTR if U happy with the V6, than motor on. At least it is not a GM with the 2.7L 4 cylinder turbo they R putting in 6600 lb Silverado's, lol.
GM's lowly turbo four puts out 310hp and 430lb/ft of torque at 3000RPM... and they stand by it for 100,000 miles. That blows away Pentastar and even beats the 5.7 Hemi in peak torque. Yet another reason Ram sales are down this year compared to GM.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GM's lowly turbo four puts out 310hp and 430lb/ft of torque at 3000RPM... and they stand by it for 100,000 miles. That blows away Pentastar and even beats the 5.7 Hemi in peak torque. Yet another reason Ram sales are down this year compared to GM.
Be careful about glorifying an "other than that" reality. GM, like all the others, has had it's share of troubles, too.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be careful about glorifying an "other than that" reality. GM, like all the others, has had it's share of troubles, too.
Nobody is perfect, and overall build quality is down across the board. I'm sure that has something to do with corporate policies hiring and promoting certain people based upon *what* they are instead of the quality of work they do.

That said GM's willingness to put a 100,000 mile warranty on a truck engine speaks volumes. They're invested in this product and they want to silence anybody wondering about the wisdom of putting a turbo four, even a very big one, in a full-size truck. Ram would be wise to do similarly with Hurricane. Stand behind that fancy high tech new product and reassure consumers that they can drive worry free.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nobody is perfect, and overall build quality is down across the board. I'm sure that has something to do with corporate policies hiring and promoting certain people based upon *what* they are instead of the quality of work they do.

That said GM's willingness to put a 100,000 mile warranty on a truck engine speaks volumes. They're invested in this product and they want to silence anybody wondering about the wisdom of putting a turbo four, even a very big one, in a full-size truck. Ram would be wise to do similarly with Hurricane. Stand behind that fancy high tech new product and reassure consumers that they can drive worry free.
True. I haven't worked for the General (motors) in over 2 decades. The LS-1 was a new kid on the block.

Back then, GM was stellar in how they stood behind warranty. I know because I was an up close witness to many folks being given warranty on driveline components who plainly and obviously had neglected/ abused the vehicles; many times just a bit out of warranty by miles and or time.

Fast forward to 2021. A customer of mine called all in a tither/ panic because his 2019 Silverado 5.3L had the same tick/ misfire issue the Hemis do. He was still within the time element of the drivetrain warranty, but was over the mileage of 60K about 3000 miles or so.

He took it to the dealer where he had purchased many Chevys for many years and had bought this one there, AND had used them for the oil services the entire time. The lifters and camshaft had failed and broadcast metal throughout the engine. They denied warranty coverage and refused even any partial assistance. His pleas fell on deaf, indifferent ears..... It was going to cost about 8 grand to fix the engine; 15 grand to replace it.

I told him to call GM's customer hotline and referred where he could find the 1-800 number. He called them, they reached out to the dealer, and covered all but about 2 grand... maybe a bit less. Needless to say, my customer was very chuffed!

I have heard of some very raw deals here on the forum and from people I'm acquainted with regarding dealer/ manufacture mistreatment regarding major repair issues which plainly should not be necessary at such low mileages.

I've also accurately diagnosed and repaired many vehicles which had been to dealers, sometimes multiple dealers, who could not fix problems.