can we give the V6 some love???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Welcome to the forum.
Happy to have you.

to answer your question......
NO

I recommend -bandging all the Shame from your truck, so no one can tell, at a glance what you have.
Think 'Holding a fig leaf in front of" image.

No way do you want to go with larger tires or a Lift of any kind.
Anything of that nature will tax your v6, slow you down & help shorten the life span of of what it really is a nice little engine.
Just nothing to brag about or show off to others. Kind of like a short stubby buddy. nothing to brag about, best kept to yourself, but still works just find and except for moments of doubt, makes those who have to live with it as a personal tragedy, er, Reality, extremely happy.

On a similar note, had my neighbor tell me he's been extremely low in testosterone for decades. Just blurted it out, no warning or even related to the topic. though know I understand the 18 year age gap between his two kids.

Wow, poor Wife of his, 18 years between Sessions. Talk about a slow rising Tide.
Explains why our lights tend to dim, when he goes off to work and she stays home, come to think of it.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
BTW, above post was meant as humor but also, kernel of truth.

Don't be tehe guy with the 4x4 or even worst, 4x2 with the 10 inch lift, monster tires and undercarraige lights who can barely beat a prius off a red light.

For GODS SAKE< DO give the truck that Carolina Squat.
Think **** Carpet, Harves Gold Appliacnes and every other embrassing style of of past generations.

All of whom that the Lord the Internet was nto invented and the number of iamges form their period are limited in nature.

OP
OP
olblueballs2020

olblueballs2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
BTW, above post was meant as humor but also, kernel of truth.

Don't be tehe guy with the 4x4 or even worst, 4x2 with the 10 inch lift, monster tires and undercarraige lights who can barely beat a prius off a red light.

For GODS SAKE< DO give the truck that Carolina Squat.
Think **** Carpet, Harves Gold Appliacnes and every other embrassing style of of past generations.

All of whom that the Lord the Internet was nto invented and the number of iamges form their period are limited in nature.
Hey its all good everyone has their opinion lol cant get offended in this world ya know :)

I know i have a v6 but I also know I dont have or want the gas prices of the v8 haha so if i can make my truck look better even look nice with tires a 2-3 inch lift and just nice for me to drive thats what matters. And for the people who do the carolina squat i have more braincells than that. But just joined here to talk to other 4th gens about tail lights, head lights, issues if any, and other things done.

Keep on keeping on!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome. Lol 3.6 Ram... That is the same engine that my wife has been driving behind for the past 7 years. I am also kidding with you.

OP
OP
olblueballs2020

olblueballs2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
Welcome. Lol 3.6 Ram... That is the same engine that my wife has been driving behind for the past 7 years. I am also kidding with you.
Had the v6 charger before i got into the warlock. Had an issue with the charger at 90000 miles that the dealership had no idea wtf was going on so traded it in. Very happy with the truck and like I said before its nice to drive and not have all the gas sucked out haha

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the v6 charger before i got into the warlock. Had an issue with the charger at 90000 miles that the dealership had no idea wtf was going on so traded it in. Very happy with the truck and like I said before its nice to drive and not have all the gas sucked out haha
Out of curiosity what MPG are you getting? I can't get better then 25 in my wifes 21 Cherokee L.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do 33's just remember bigger the tire = more weight which means worse mpg

If you want to level it or if you need anything else for your Warlock send me a message. We offer just about everything and can assist with selecting the right products.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else got a warlock V6 3.6? Looking to see how big in tires I can go without a lift. Looking to start with mods soonView attachment 524500
Don’t have a Warlock but I do have the 3.6 in my crew cab BigHorn. As another poster stated if you lift the truck you will notice the mpg drop. I have Bilstein 5100’s all around on mine, the front set to 2.1. If you go the level route with Bilsteins the 2.8 setting will be nose high as the 3.6 is about 200 pounds less than the 5.7. I also run 34’s as in 275/65R20’s. The 34’s will fit without a level if you don’t go too wide in size. I noticed a 1 mpg drop with the tires but when I leveled it I took a 2-4 mpg hit. If you like getting 24-25 mpg highway expect 19-20 after bigger heavier tires and a 2 inch level.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don’t have a Warlock but I do have the 3.6 in my crew cab BigHorn. As another poster stated if you lift the truck you will notice the mpg drop. I have Bilstein 5100’s all around on mine, the front set to 2.1. If you go the level route with Bilsteins the 2.8 setting will be nose high as the 3.6 is about 200 pounds less than the 5.7. I also run 34’s as in 275/65R20’s. The 34’s will fit without a level if you don’t go too wide in size. I noticed a 1 mpg drop with the tires but when I leveled it I took a 2-4 mpg hit. If you like getting 24-25 mpg highway expect 19-20 after bigger heavier tires and a 2 inch level.
I second the 5100s...mine are at 2.1 too.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pentastar a good engine...keep it simple no mods. Actually saw a 23 Tradesman 1500 Classic Crew Cab v6 4x4 with the chrome kit big radio towing and 20" chrome wheels looked same as a Big Horn albeit the Hemi brand new selling 52K MSRP for 42144 and change down in FL..good entry price on a full size Ram with all the good options and they're dealinram23.jpg

Last edited:

NorthCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Olblue,
I have a 2021 Warlock "all terrain". Comes with a 1 inch factory lift. 3:55 gears and 17inch wheels.
If there was anything I would want to add, would be a skid plate to protect that plastic transmission pan. If there is anyone who might know of one, please share.
Good luck with your build and enjoy your truck.

Last edited:

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I've had two RAM 1500 with the 3.6 and one had a 3:55 gear ratio and the other a 3:21. I could not see any difference in mpg of pick up. Both fotb19 to 21 mpg. But going up hills they both lacked grunt. (torque) Lets face 269 pounds of torque for a nearly 5,000 pound vehicle is not so great. In 2017 I bought one with the 5.7 and it;s gets less mpg like 17 to 19 mpg, but it's got grunt power and can pull a trailer up a long hill better that just a 3.6 truck without any trailer. It's all a matter of personal preference.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Around town im getting about 19-20 mpg and on highway getting around 24
You said you didn't want the gas bill of a Hemi, you'll likely get worse mileage with bigger tires on your V6 than a Hemi with bigger tires due to the lack of torque. My dad's 2wd '14 CC 6.4' 3.92 Hemi Laramie gets the same as you, my 4x4 '17 CC 6.4' 3.92 Hemi Sport gets 17-18/21-22. Both trucks are on E-load stock size tires, his hwy tread and mine AT.

Aero and rotational weight are the 2 biggest mpg killers. I drive mostly 45-55mph backroads to work, so aero doesn't matter much to me (aero doesn't really come into play until ~65ish). I put on Bilsteins set at 2.8' to level the truck out and will be going with 275/65/20 Toyo Open Country ATIII's cuz they're the lightest tire out there. Once I don't have to drive 75+ miles a day, I'll step up to 295/65/20s for the look. You technically could fit a 285/60 or even a 285/65 without a level. MAYBE a 295/65/20, but that's a 35" tire and the weight goes up significantly at that point so I wouldn't do those.

YeeterLee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just shoot for looks man, i wouldnt want to put stress on the engine with bigger heavier tires. Get an overlay for the front RAM decal, shorty antenna, and AVS hood and bug deflector. Maybe change the tires to something more aggressive looking and call it a day.