Can't add tow mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
On like slt and up it does. But on st/express/tradesman I don't believe it does

oh ok i see what youre saying now, gotcha. if the wiring harness it there then you can activate them with the relash basically.

OP
OP
D

deerenwr14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7 high output
Well I just installed my mirrors and everything works. The power mirrors turn signal puddle lamps all without a problem

Coppertone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just installed my mirrors and everything works. The power mirrors turn signal puddle lamps all without a problem

Do those of us who want this a favor and please tell us exactly where you got these from and how much....:drool:

OP
OP
D

deerenwr14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7 high output
I was lucky enough to find them on eBay the guy didn't want the chrome ones. I paid 700 for the pair and figured it was alot better then paying 1250 for the pair.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well... It is possible the tow mirrors draw significantly more juice to adjust since the glass is much larger than on the smaller mirrors on these trucks. Are you talking about the 1500 size tow mirrors or the HD tow mirrors?

You might consider testing the current draw of your current mirrors, and maybe someone on here who has some tow mirrors (like the ones you want) would do the same for you, and for everyone else in the forum. If it is vastly different you could assume Chrysler is right, and save yourself burning out the door modules.

Maybe test the exterior heating as well although I wouldn't think that would run through the door module.

Actually, the portion of the mirror that moves when you adjust it is smaller than the non-towing ones. The mirrors are physically bigger, but they have the outside portion that is convex that does not move with the power adjustments, which makes the main mirror glass slightly smaller.

I put the towing mirrors off a 2002 model on my 97 model, and never had any issue at all in the 4 yrs I drove it that way.