Can't add tow mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That's definitely BS. I know 5 people with 1500s and tow mirrors (including myself) and have had no problems. Next month I will have had mine a year (thanks again Butch!).

OP
OP
D

deerenwr14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7 high output
The ones I have on my truck now have all the options turn signals puddle lamps heated and have the chrome face on them. I have a 2500 cummins larime longhorn So I would like the same options but in the tow mirror

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That's definitely BS. I know 5 people with 1500s and tow mirrors (including myself) and have had no problems. Next month I will have had mine a year (thanks again Butch!).

No thank you...LOL and holy **** it has been almost a year

the month that they were on my truck i had no issues

06Stang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope this isn't the case. I work at a Chrysler dealer and wanted these mirrors. I'll ask around.

OP
OP
D

deerenwr14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7 high output
Well I just bit the bullet I found a set of tow mirrors on eBay the exact ones I wanted d
So I bought them. I'll be able to tell you in the next couple weeks what the outcome is. What's the worst that can happen I'm still under bumper to bumper warrantee right?

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I put them on my 2012 1500 Express about 6 months ago. They work fine. Only thing that doesn't is the puddle lights and turn signal lights.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I put them on my 2012 1500 Express about 6 months ago. They work fine. Only thing that doesn't is the puddle lights and turn signal lights.

You could wire a relay off your dome lights or something for the puddle lamps, since the domes come on with your fob, then your puddle lamps would too, and add a relay from your blinkers to get it ALL working which would be pretty sweet.

relliK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Question

Is it possible to get them added as an option at the dealer and have the functionality?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well I just bit the bullet I found a set of tow mirrors on eBay the exact ones I wanted d
So I bought them. I'll be able to tell you in the next couple weeks what the outcome is. What's the worst that can happen I'm still under bumper to bumper warrantee right?

You won't have a problem. I'm 2 weeks short of having mine a year, I think you'll be fine.

Regarding your warranty, if it didn't come from the factory with it, they don't have to cover it.

OP
OP
D

deerenwr14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7 high output
If I switch the mirrors back to the stock ones before I bring it in they will cover it

Reactions: jlb

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Is it possible to get them added as an option at the dealer and have the functionality?

Depends mostly on the wiring. If there is a factory pigtail there the relationship of the mirror to the trucks wiring system is probably the same as a truck that has them and just needs a reflash so the controlling unit has the software to run them. However if the door module thing is true the pigtail is probably part of the upgraded module which would require that to be changed as well.

Just crawl under there and do a little wiring of your own lol. It's all hidden anyways so just make sure you do it right, and no one will ever know lol

harr118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
where did you guys get ur tow mirrors?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefox9