Cargo light stays on dim on Anzo LED 3rd brake light..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newsome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
150 watt 6 Ohm resistor and a couple of quick splice connectors and you'll be fine

Newsome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay im confused, someone said a 100 Ohm and you used a 6 ohm. What should i used?
At any minute because we are talking about definitely a 50 watt 6 ohm she's really in a couple of quick splice connectors and you'll be fine

chiefmoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I installed a 10W 100ohm, and cargo light is good! Third brake light has no voltage unless cargo light is on. No voltage at the plug, so it has nothing to do with led light or resistor. Any ideas? Brake light comes on when pedal is depressed while cargo light is on.

Royal50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I would do, is go to this website and shoot this guy an email. He will tell you which one you need. That’s what I did when I had my last truck. I put a full-LED third brake light on my new truck but it came with a resistor already soldered in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
you need a resistor to fix the glow for sure, but the 6ohm 50w ones that people use for turn signal fixes are overkill, will they work? yes they will, but ones that big are not needed, i have little trays full of random resistors, and ive used some that are so tiny and take up no room and dont generate anywhere near the heat that the big ones do, no i dont remember the specs on the ones ive used, but if you have some small reflectors laying around, give them a try, it doesn't take much to kill the glow on the cargo lights

Royal50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you need a resistor to fix the glow for sure, but the 6ohm 50w ones that people use for turn signal fixes are overkill, will they work? yes they will, but ones that big are not needed, i have little trays full of random resistors, and ive used some that are so tiny and take up no room and dont generate anywhere near the heat that the big ones do, no i dont remember the specs on the ones ive used, but if you have some small reflectors laying around, give them a try, it doesn't take much to kill the glow on the cargo lights
Thank you i appreciate that. I'll see what i have around.