Carpet confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997. Many mods. New leafs 5/1, CAI, Heddmans, magflo exhaust, pioneerAVH-p6300, bilsteins,
Engine
5.9L
Has anyone replaced the OE carpet? I have a 1997 /1500 and want to upgrade the old rug. The tan/biege is starting to look gray with rust stains at the seat supports. There seems to be many of choices out there with a range of prices. I cant find any good overall reviews.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I haven't in my Ram but have in a few previous trucks. I used the pre cut carpet from LMC Truck and it fit perfectly every time. Once I get around to the interior of my truck I'll use them again if I have to

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go with black cut pile. It'll look good with the tan interior, and hides damned near anything. I have loved every vehicle with black carpet, and hated all the others.

OP
OP
markat

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997. Many mods. New leafs 5/1, CAI, Heddmans, magflo exhaust, pioneerAVH-p6300, bilsteins,
Engine
5.9L
Black is a great idea. Had not thought of it. Hides the dirt etc... I looked at the LMC offers. Is the carpet and backing good stuff? There is a store in Mass that looks good and upgrades the backing ( they call it mass backing). I am more concerned with insulation and sound deadening. Hopefully I can get the seat bolts off. Friend of mine cut them and rebolted with standard bolts. I want to avoid that.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The carpet is pretty good quality but the backing isn't the greatest. If you're replacing the carpet now is the perfect time to lay down some good sound deadner/heat insulation

OP
OP
markat

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I intend to use the foil insulation and possible spray a layer of the rubberized truck bed stuff. The black color is growing on me.