CarPlay and Android Auto won’t connect.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheezer11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Randomly my Uconnrect 4C 8.4, won’t connect to CarPlay. I have a 2020 Warlock 1500 Classic. USB’s are located in the center console. I will plug in my phone, tried multiple cables and different iPhones and Androids, will connect to phones but only will charge them but won’t transfer the data for CarPlay or Android Auto. I’ve reset the system and still nothing. The software is up to date. The only semi-success I’ve had is having the truck in run and plug my iPhone in and restart my iPhone while it’s plugged in and CarPlay will start for a little while but then just freezes. I’ll switch to Sirius XM and try to switch back to CarPlay but just a black screen and back to square one. Definitely frustrated, if anyone had any idea it would be greatly appreciated.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only thing I can think of is that systems are very finicky and want a top notch cable that transfers data correctly. Get an original iPhone cord and don't use any other variant. Not sure why you were trying to connect an Android phone to CarPlay because Androids need to use Android Auto, you need to download that app on your Android phone to use that setup. In the past I've had a glitch here or there and the solution is to remove the application from your phone and also to unpair the phone from your vehicle and start fresh. Good luck!

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
The only thing I can think of is that systems are very finicky and want a top notch cable that transfers data correctly. Get an original iPhone cord and don't use any other variant. Not sure why you were trying to connect an Android phone to CarPlay because Androids need to use Android Auto, you need to download that app on your Android phone to use that setup. In the past I've had a glitch here or there and the solution is to remove the application from your phone and also to unpair the phone from your vehicle and start fresh. Good luck!
If you read, He was connecting an Android phone to AA not a cryphone. No need to download AA on most current Android phones as it's now part of android os.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Randomly my Uconnrect 4C 8.4, won’t connect to CarPlay. I have a 2020 Warlock 1500 Classic. USB’s are located in the center console. I will plug in my phone, tried multiple cables and different iPhones and Androids, will connect to phones but only will charge them but won’t transfer the data for CarPlay or Android Auto. I’ve reset the system and still nothing. The software is up to date. The only semi-success I’ve had is having the truck in run and plug my iPhone in and restart my iPhone while it’s plugged in and CarPlay will start for a little while but then just freezes. I’ll switch to Sirius XM and try to switch back to CarPlay but just a black screen and back to square one. Definitely frustrated, if anyone had any idea it would be greatly appreciated.
Try a maximum 3ft long cable. AA & CP both state 3ft max cable length "for best performance". Now I have used a 6ft cheap Amazon cable with my pixel phones and had no issues except in my old jeep renegade trail hawk, that thing was picky about cables.
I switched to an 24" cable in the ram up until I replaced the whole POS uconnect unit with a 10" floating JVC with wireless AA and CP. I've only had 2 cryphones connected to both the old 8.4 uconnect wired & my JVC wirelessly. both works fine with the exception of the cable had a loose fit in the cryphone so if you touched it, it messed up the connection. But that was the one phones issue not the cable or the head unit