Center console install, need help with parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know for a fact, I'll need at minimum a new Radio bezel, I have no idea which one, and from where.

Anyone done this? have any help/sources on parts I'll need?

Seems like it shouldn't be difficult, no shifter changes.

Here is a pic of the new console (out of an unknown 2013 Ram)

and the second pic is of my 2013 Express config.

Thanks for any help!

centerconsole_zpsc3e32b38.jpg

myram002_zpsbea1840d.jpg

Westslope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really can't help with your questions, but where did you get the aftermarket radio bracket? Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't appear to be the one from Metra. Good luck with your center console install.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really can't help with your questions, but where did you get the aftermarket radio bracket? Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't appear to be the one from Metra. Good luck with your center console install.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It is indeed the Metra!

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cool project! I'm of no help but I'm going to be watching this! good luck!

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From looking at posts from older rams that have had this done (2009-2012), if you don't need to move the shifter, I would think that the new radio bezel would be all you need. The jump seat should unbolt and come out easily, I am just unclear on how the new center console bolts up. I would assume it uses the same mounting holes that the jump seat uses but I am not certain. Sorry not much information, but I hope it helps in some way. I am sure others who have done this will chime in soon...

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
like everyone else has said a dash bezel. I have removed one on these console from a 2010 and there are some brackets that are bolt to the floor that the console bolts to. I believe there is also a bracket that mounts to the dash that the front of the console bolts to.

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone for the input so far, I'm still at a loss as to what exact bezel I need.. Most trucks that have the center console, are much better equipped than my 2013 Express is.. So the configurations are vastly different I think.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the question that needs answered from someone who has the center console is, "Does the center console butt up to the dash?" I've looked at dozens of pictures online and I just can't tell if that center dash piece needs to be different or if the console just butts up to it. if it does just butt up to it the tray may or may not have to be removed

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On my 2010, the center console has screws that go into the center dash bezel. I would think you have to change it out. It also looks like you have a mounting bracket in the front of the console that would have to go into the floor somewhere. I don't think your center bench mounts that far forward. Wish I could be more help.