Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Hello,

I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Limited Mega cab and wanted to ask fi anyone knows if part # 68230371AA is for the upper latch to the floor center console.

Next does anyone know how to replace it? I can't seem to locate any instructions or videos and do not want to destroy anything trying to get to it. Dealer claims I may need to replace the entire lid upper and lower for approximately $800+ dollars plus tax and install and I think that seems way to rich and necessary.

Can anyone assist? Thanks everyone I appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,
NJA, DSCE

tempImagedcLVdu.png

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m not certain where to get the latch, aside from maybe eBay. I have one at the house, but the chrome handle is scratched on it. I just replaced my upper console lid with a black one. I’ll send it to you if you want it, but the scratched chrome would look pretty bad in an otherwise nice truck. Not sure if you can pop that off and replace it or not, but you’re welcome to it if you want to try. If you want it, shoot me your address amd I’ll get it in the mail. If you can’t replace the chrome part at least it won’t cost you anything to try

Replacing the latch assembly is easy. When you open the lid, you’ll see some screw holes on the inside (6 I believe). They are small torx head (can’t remember the size). Remove those then pop the liner down. I don’t think it will come completely off unless you remove the lid, so don’t force it, but it should come down out of the way. There are 3 torx head screws holding the latch on under the liner. Remove, replace, reinstall the liner. With parts in hand, it is literally a 3 minute job.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
Thanks,

I was able to figure it out also. Dealer said because mine limited it didn't show the Paart with Vin so entire lid needed to be acquired. I suppose because limited you can't get a brushed handle, however the parts person was able to determine that the latch itself is also removable so was able to get new pat and swap chrome cover with my original brushed one. So now I have a spare lol. Thanks for the reply though. Yes was 6 star screws for the under cover then 3 of same size for the latch itself.