Ceramic coated...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
He are a few pics I took after a rain on the graphene coating.

First 2 are during the rain, the next 2 are after sitting in hood for a day in sun and what not. Also I haven't touched the paint yet with anything.

Needless to say I am extremely happy...

View attachment 249530

View attachment 249531

View attachment 249532

View attachment 249533

View attachment 249534
I am again amazed. I’m sold! I don’t think I’ll apply it myself, depends on how much, but when I get my new truck I’m getting it coated immediately. Thanks so much preferd!

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No problem brotha.

To me it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. In the end the easy with which it takes me to get back to clean and glossy is nothing due to the coating...

Just so people know I paid $800 ($650 US) canadian for the 7year graphene ceramic coating. To me that was an absolute Steal!

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
No problem brotha.

To me it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. In the end the easy with which it takes me to get back to clean and glossy is nothing due to the coating...

Just so people know I paid $800 ($650 US) canadian for the 7year graphene ceramic coating. To me that was an absolute Steal!

$650! All day long! I live in Colorado and it seems everything is super expensive. If I could get that for $650! All day long!

I guess the only problem is I can’t order the truck I want cuz of the stupidity that’s plaguing our great country right now. Covid, chips, trucking and every other excuse they could come up with.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Using a si02 detailing spray or other similar products give you a temporary coating effect. Like coatings the better you prepare the surface the better the results. I often tell diy’ers that are on the fence to spend a weekend cleaning and then applying good si02 detail spray most net 14-30 days of protection and ceramic behaviors.
I think the marketing ruined a lot of expectations and consumers thought ceramics were a self cleaning miracle along with other myths. Like scratch resistant etc. If maintenance washes are not done a film will cover the coating and make it seem like it’s gone or not working anymore. There are million torture test you tube videos on this that 90% of them are not accurate most of the time the chemicals used are not actually breaking the coating down but are forming a layer on top of the coating making it appear that it has failed.
I kind of lost where I was going with this but the message to convey is do your own test before buying a $60-$200 bottle or paying $800+ to have it all done if you don’t think it’s worth it. It’s not for everyone but I can say if you keep a clean truck then it’s worth every penny or every hour if you do it yourself. Time is valuable and it one of the things in life you don’t get back.

DesertCatMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a warlock, what do you do on the Matt black decals?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I agree and I apologize. I admit nowadays I’m a bit uptight about the lack of good in some and I should have said nothing but couldn’t. Sorry to all. Even you Cheechdog. My bad.

I get that way too and I will say it again I didn't mean to sound negative at all ... I too apologize to you guys as I don't come here to argue or want others to think I am a "****" lol ... thanks @thebuilderman seriously for the apology and hopefully you accept mine too ...

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Got a warlock, what do you do on the Matt black decals?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Little more detail please? Are you ceramic coating the truck? If yes then you can apply ceramic to the matte vinyl decals. If you’re looking to protect them from the sun and maintain them I would recommend a matte detail spray that you would apply every wash

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want to spend the extra money I think they now have a specific ceramic coating for matte decals.
Jay

DesertCatMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little more detail please? Are you ceramic coating the truck? If yes then you can apply ceramic to the matte vinyl decals. If you’re looking to protect them from the sun and maintain them I would recommend a matte detail spray that you would apply every wash
Yes want to coat the truck, but read where they say to use a special one for the matt.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I get that way too and I will say it again I didn't mean to sound negative at all ... I too apologize to you guys as I don't come here to argue or want others to think I am a "****" lol ... thanks @thebuilderman seriously for the apology and hopefully you accept mine too ...
Yep. Sorry again Cheechdog. You da man.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got those rides looking really good!
Thank you! I used my Adams ceramic detailer on the Charger today. Man it pops for silver. I am going to pull the wheels on the Charger next weekend and clean the back side. Its not bad, but I am debating on ceramic coating my calipers. Has anyone done this?

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 1.06.42 PM.png

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you! I used my Adams ceramic detailer on the Charger today. Man it pops for silver. I am going to pull the wheels on the Charger next weekend and clean the back side. Its not bad, but I am debating on ceramic coating my calipers. Has anyone done this?

View attachment 249825

Hmmm. Curious too. I'm not sure about the longevity of it due to the heat created by the calipers.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmm. Curious too. I'm not sure about the longevity of it due to the heat created by the calipers.
I will try it and see. It doesn't see a lot of miles. Its only had 2.5k miles put on since last April.