Ceramic coated...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just picked up my new truck after having it ceramic coated. I went with a product called nano-brite using their 7 year 10H graphene infused ceramic. Here are some pics that really don't do it justice but still good. I won't know how the coating reacts for another week+ when I wash it for my first maintenance wash. I go back in in another 3-5 months for inspection and another topper as well. When I do wash her I'll be using the 2 bucket method pressure washer w/foam cannon and adams car shampoo. I haven't totally decided what I'll use as a topper after every other maintenance wash though.

20210527_150541.jpg

20210527_150550.jpg

20210527_150614.jpg

20210527_150623.jpg

20210527_150632.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Just picked up my new truck after having it ceramic coated. I went with a product called nano-brite using their 7 year 10H graphene infused ceramic. Here are some pics that really don't do it justice but still good. I won't know how the coating reacts for another week+ when I wash it for my first maintenance wash. I go back in in another 3-5 months for inspection and another topper as well. When I do wash her I'll be using the 2 bucket method pressure washer w/foam cannon and adams car shampoo. I haven't totally decided what I'll use as a topper after every other maintenance wash though.

First of all there is no such thing as 10H which is a hardness equal to "diamonds" ....

The graphene coatings just came into the mix so no one really knows how long they actually work ... For graphene to work you have to basically have a perfect surface which our cars/trucks do not have ... graphene will break up very quickly if not applied correctly and I would not allow anyone not even the company that did the coating for you to give it the first maintenance wash .... stay away from toppers, when they are not applied correctly they will actually create imperfections that you "WILL" notice within a couple of months

When you use toppers, sealants, you can actually "BE" causing more harm than anything .... I rather do the ceramic coatings myself that way I actually know first of all how much clear coat was actually removed to do any paint correction or pre before the ceramic coating goes on and second how many coats were used ...

I know you said your truck was brand new, but honestly man I am willing to bet that you over paid for something you could of done at home for less than $100 since your truck is new ...

Last edited:

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man that looks good. I don't have my truck coated but my 2020 HCWB is. I to it used with 1900 miles on it but the previous owner found me on a forum. He had the entire car ceramic coated by Opti-Coat and PPF done for the front, mirrors, A-Pillars and rear fender. There are great upsides to ceramic coatings but one bad one is that the vehicle is not supposed to be washed when hot. So you might have to wash it in the garage.

To make that easier you should try a no-rinse wash. I have some from Opti-Coat and it isn't cheap($30 I think) but it takes very little to clean my car. You would take one bucket and put a cap full of the soap. First rinse off of the majority of the dirt. Use a clean sponge(what Opti-Coat recommended) and lightly go over the paint. Then use a microfiber rag to wipe off the excess water or one of their drying towels. Do small sections at a time so you are not spreading the dirt that the sponge is grabbing.

Side note. Ceramic coatings help to keep things clean and easier to clean. But don't forget it will not keep you from scratching it. When I had my 2015 Charger SRT coated I used the two bucket wash and I guess pushed down too hard and I scratched it. My detailer/installer also said not to use detail spray. Just use that soap and wash the car.

I am just passing on what the installers/detailers have told me. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man that looks good. I don't have my truck coated but my 2020 HCWB is. I to it used with 1900 miles on it but the previous owner found me on a forum. He had the entire car ceramic coated by Opti-Coat and PPF done for the front, mirrors, A-Pillars and rear fender. There are great upsides to ceramic coatings but one bad one is that the vehicle is not supposed to be washed when hot. So you might have to wash it in the garage.

To make that easier you should try a no-rinse wash. I have some from Opti-Coat and it isn't cheap($30 I think) but it takes very little to clean my car. You would take one bucket and put a cap full of the soap. First rinse off of the majority of the dirt. Use a clean sponge(what Opti-Coat recommended) and lightly go over the paint. Then use a microfiber rag to wipe off the excess water or one of their drying towels. Do small sections at a time so you are not spreading the dirt that the sponge is grabbing.

Side note. Ceramic coatings help to keep things clean and easier to clean. But don't forget it will not keep you from scratching it. When I had my 2015 Charger SRT coated I used the two bucket wash and I guess pushed down too hard and I scratched it. My detailer/installer also said not to use detail spray. Just use that soap and wash the car.

Awesome thx for the helpful post. Being black I want to do whatever needed lol...

Dylan Campbell

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cannot beat a black vehicle with a fresh ceramic coat. Looks great!! Is that a crew cab with a 6'4" bed? Do not see that combo very often.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! If I was going to add any topper I'd use SPS Graphene Spray Detailer. Works great and it would be a good sacrificial layer on top of your coating. Hand washing is a must. Wait at least a week before you wash. Your coating will not prevent scratching. There are lots of "experts" around so try to do your own research or find someone that you trust for advice. Never touch a dry surface with a dry towel, even a microfiber towel. Good luck and again--looks great!
Jay

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That turned out nice! Sunday I am doing a paint correction. Clay, scratch remover, polish, and ceramic coating. I really hope I get similar results!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine

Use a sponge? Are you kidding me?

Sponges are abrasive, never use a sponge on your vehicles paint, especially after a ceramic coat ....

But I guess me doing detail work and paint corrections means nothing lol .... amazing the things people recommend lol ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Super duper response bud thx. Have a wonderful day...

The fact that you got mad at my response is funny seriously ... and just so you know, black paint is very easy to make it look like a mirror finish lol ... it's the easiest in fact but the hardest to keep it looking that way ....

Get mad at that .... over paid for something that hasn't even been out on the market ... I was going to graphene coat my truck but after talking with other detailers and professionals who do ceramic coating they laughed at the lies about graphene ...

Your truck looks great don't get me wrong, but there was no reason for the attitude that you displayed with your response .... Good luck keeping it looking that way, but I give it 7 months before you regret getting it coated with graphene and the price you paid lol ...

Now get mad at that not me lol ...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perferd--If you want to do some research you can go to "autopia" and look at the reviews and comments made by numerous professional detailers regarding graphene. Autopia is a worldwide professional detailer site where professional detailers and weekend warriors exchange information and answer questions about products and their experiences.
Jay

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Perferd--If you want to do some research you can go to "autopia" and look at the reviews and comments made by numerous professional detailers regarding graphene. Autopia is a worldwide professional detailer site where professional detailers and weekend warriors exchange information and answer questions about products and their experiences.
Jay

Thx brotha.

I don't really care about graphene non graphene, I just went with the longest coverage. My detailer had a 3 year 5 year and 7 year ceramic. If I get 2 years of good coverage with good maintenance practices I'll be happy.

As for the site I'm a member from years and years ago but don't go there anymore.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's taking everything in me Not to go out and wash my truck lol. It's a lazy beautiful Saturday and I just want to pamper her hahaha...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's taking everything in me Not to go out and wash my truck lol. It's a lazy beautiful Saturday and I just want to pamper her hahaha...
Lol, I just spent about 5 hours on mine. Washed, clayed, scratch and swirl removed the paint, I am about to polish and then ceramic coat it hopefully today.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol, I just spent about 5 hours on mine. Washed, clayed, scratch and swirl removed the paint, I am about to polish and then ceramic coat it hopefully today.

Same here but not 5 plus hours and not scratch/swirl work...lol
My truck has been neglected for a bit!!
Spent 3.5 on wash and Adams spray ceramic....

20210529_122537.jpg

20210529_122448.jpg

20210529_122608.jpg

20210529_122634.jpg

20210529_122308.jpg