Ceramic coated...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So both saw some pretty heavy rain this morning. Its like it never happened. Dang good stuff! I am sold on ceramic!

View attachment 249332

Nice!

We are supposed to get rain here Wed Thurs and Fri. I'll finally get to see how the coating performs and then on sat/sun I'll give her her first bath. Unfortunately all my upgrades won't be in for the pressure washer but I'll use what I got.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice!

We are supposed to get rain here Wed Thurs and Fri. I'll finally get to see how the coating performs and then on sat/sun I'll give her her first bath. Unfortunately all my upgrades won't be in for the pressure washer but I'll use what I got.
That sucks. I was expecting some Chemical guys leather cleaner and brush today and amazon push it back a 1-2 days. I also grabbed some Adams ceramic detail spray. That should be here Saturday.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I want to get my Jeep coated, but dang with all this rain, we haven't seen a sunny stretch in some time...

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I had standard ceramic coating and being parked outside I was getting some nasty water spotting. Luckily it didn’t have enough time to eat and stain but with graphene the water spots have been virtually gone. I’ve been coated since last July. All winter I just spray it down with a rinse less wash. This past winter was my first test with just a spray down and not using a sacrificial layer after every wash. During a spring wind storm a trash can went down the side of my truck so I’ll be redoing an area. That should be a pretty good comparison with fresh vs 1 year old graphene ceramic “Adam’s”

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had standard ceramic coating and being parked outside I was getting some nasty water spotting. Luckily it didn’t have enough time to eat and stain but with graphene the water spots have been virtually gone. I’ve been coated since last July. All winter I just spray it down with a rinse less wash. This past winter was my first test with just a spray down and not using a sacrificial layer after every wash. During a spring wind storm a trash can went down the side of my truck so I’ll be redoing an area. That should be a pretty good comparison with fresh vs 1 year old graphene ceramic “Adam’s”

Awesome brotha post up your results when it does happen.

Inhabe to figure out how to post vids in my threads si I can show the beading and sheeting...

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Awesome brotha post up your results when it does happen.

Inhabe to figure out how to post vids in my threads si I can show the beading and sheeting...
Easier to post to YouTube and then link it. Or PM me

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Here’s a few while prepping. I like using a lot of different light sources so my true blue pearl looks like all different shades
4543EAB3-8EC7-4B26-BB91-8D83D26C2F07.jpeg 8F81D289-7629-4C47-9A23-BDE3A18C947E.jpeg 532D9ACB-4422-4742-B513-67AD17811F18.jpeg 5CDEC4C7-E394-4F43-B7DD-9B1F6E0649FD.jpeg
You can see the line here ^ left polished right not done yet

DesertCatMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, I live on a dirt road and in the desert, how will this hold up?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had standard ceramic coating and being parked outside I was getting some nasty water spotting. Luckily it didn’t have enough time to eat and stain but with graphene the water spots have been virtually gone.

Water spot resistance is the biggest plus I have heard on the graphene coatings. I coated all three of our vehicles with CQuartz UK and noticed some pretty bad water spotting last year. We get random afternoon showers in CO in the spring/summer so kinda hard to avoid while you are at work. By the time this coating has worn through there should be some pretty good data on how long the graphene coatings last, or something new might be out by then.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Question, I live on a dirt road and in the desert, how will this hold up?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I could see the dirt and sand being slightly abrasive to the coating, but even if it cut the life of the coating in half it should last at least a couple years.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
He are a few pics I took after a rain on the graphene coating.

First 2 are during the rain, the next 2 are after sitting in hood for a day in sun and what not. Also I haven't touched the paint yet with anything.

Needless to say I am extremely happy...

20210602_174905.jpg

20210602_174913.jpg

20210603_134601.jpg

20210603_134609.jpg

20210603_134622.jpg

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I would guess living on a dirt/gravel road you would want the coating more so then anyone else.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He are a few pics I took after a rain on the graphene coating.

First 2 are during the rain, the next 2 are after sitting in hood for a day in sun and what not. Also I haven't touched the paint yet with anything.

Needless to say I am extremely happy...

View attachment 249530

View attachment 249531

View attachment 249532

View attachment 249533

View attachment 249534
I have been extremely pleased as well with it. I have been in rain for 5 days now and it barely looks bad. Still looks almost freshly washed. Wifes Pacifica still looks perfect. Lookin good man!

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Let's keep this thread on the original subject. Personal attacks are not needed and are against the forum rules. If violations continue posts will be deleted. Thanks for your compliance.
Jay
I agree and I apologize. I admit nowadays I’m a bit uptight about the lack of good in some and I should have said nothing but couldn’t. Sorry to all. Even you Cheechdog. My bad.