Ceramic spray problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldawg59

Retired USN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I treated my truck today and got over spray on my windshield and it left a film. What's the best way to clean it? Thanks for any help

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Chemical removal Although ceramic coating have very good chemical resistance for most chemicals, they are not very strong against alkaline products. It is not clear if these are capable of removing the entire product, but they are know to damage the surface layer and negatively effecting their performance. It should be noted that a product that is chemical enough to remove a ceramic coating, can be strong enough to damage the paintwork underneath as well. Claying Claying alone is not likely to be enough, but it should have an effect on the coating. Especially when the coating is a bit worn, it should be possible to remove a large part of the product from the surface. Polishing It is widely believed that polishing is the most trusted way to remove a ceramic coating from the surface. This will also help to prepare the surface for the new product and remove certain imperfections.
Read the original article at: https://www.detailingwiki.org/protection/remove-ceramic-coating/

my first thought actually was wondering if you used a razor blade if it could remove it?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I treated my truck today and got over spray on my windshield and it left a film. What's the best way to clean it? Thanks for any help
What ceramic spray? Was it Adam’s was it an actual ceramic or just ceramic infused product.
Steel wool will surely remove it

OP
OP
Bulldawg59

Bulldawg59

Retired USN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked it up online again it is a silica based product.

OP
OP
Bulldawg59

Bulldawg59

Retired USN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. I ordered some Chemical Guys wash that should remove it.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Spray some on a microfiber and rub it in. It should reactivate the si02 and you can wipe it off will a clean towel

Last edited:

Greif

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about just coating the glass, i see some ceramic coating recomened it.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have removed a lot of paint overspray, sticker residue, and paint marker off of windows with a razor blade spray it with Windex as a lubricant and scrape.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

How did you make out?

OP
OP
Bulldawg59

Bulldawg59

Retired USN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Washed the windshield with Dawn and the film is gone but I still have great sheeting.