CG tire + trim gel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I used this on the RAM and expected the great results I usually get from Chemical Guy's products. I washed the truck from top to bottom and after I dried it I got started. Tires first. Application was straight forward as expected but I wasn't sure how I was going to like the end result so I thought I would give it a day or so. Next was all the black trim. I really liked how it looked as it went on. My trim didn't look bad to begin with but this stuff really made it look good.

Fast forward 2 days, it rained. To my horror, the truck was covered in oily streaks where the dressing ran down the sides of my truck and the tires looked as if someone dressed them while dirty, not clean. My truck now looked like ass. Straight. up. dirty. ass. I was disappointed AND pissed off.

I went to the CG website to leave a review. I wrote an honest, polite review. No bashing, no slurs or profanities. I filled out all the fields. When I hit submit I got a pop up that said in short that my review couldn't be submitted. Now I have to wonder if this was because the review was negative, not the glowing endorsement they were hoping for.

I don't recommend this product if you live in an area that ever gets rain!

https://www.chemicalguys.com/tire-trim-gel-for-plastic-and-rubber/TVD_108_16.html

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry you had that experience. It seems as though this is a subject that you read a lot about and lots of people have the same problem. A few guys have had success with a couple of products they use but usually water/rain reek havoc on most products. I think there is a "coating" that you can put on trim pieces to restore the color and protect them, but the tires idk. I use 303 and it works OK but there maybe other stuff that's better.
Jay