Changing exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I want to swap out the chrome tips for 5" black tips. Do I need to get a direct fit set like the Carven ones that have the ball on the end that clamp on to the pipe or is there a way to put any kind of universal set on? I like the Carven tips but I'm not sure they are worth $210 plus I'll be swapping out the stock muffler for an MBRP so I think it's kind of weird having those two on the same setup.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had my factory chrome ones powder coated. Cost me all of $50 at a local shop.

20180414-173802.jpg

-K

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plasti dip
Holds up just fine
Look up BoostedMotorsports on YouTube for video and info

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to swap out the chrome tips for 5" black tips. Do I need to get a direct fit set like the Carven ones that have the ball on the end that clamp on to the pipe or is there a way to put any kind of universal set on? I like the Carven tips but I'm not sure they are worth $210 plus I'll be swapping out the stock muffler for an MBRP so I think it's kind of weird having those two on the same setup.
You can get some that direct fit. Also you can cut the end off and buy a tip that will tighten around the 2 1/4” pipe I believe is the size.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Trust me ,your muffler does not care what tips it blows into !

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the Carven black 5" tips. Look nicer on the truck with the black bumper.