Changing my oil pan+ no reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorboater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im planning on changing my oil pan this weekend as it's so rusted it's basically a sponge ******* oil. I've searched and seen the process but not sure its accurate to my truck. My truck is an 02 4.7 4x4 with a Manual tranny. From what I've read I should be able to remove the cross member ( cut the rusted bolts off), remove the "structural dust cover" and then get the oil pan out. However I started last weekend and found in order to get the dust cover off I have to remove another bracket that goes from the dust cover to the transfer case. Just wondering if there's anything else I should expect to remove to get the oil pan out and also any tips/tricks. Also, my reverse lights don't work so wondering if there's any typical places to check specifically to this truck. I noticed an aftermarket trailer wire harness (which is weird because it has a factory hookup) that I plan on checking first. Sorry for the novel just trying to be specific. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
M

Motorboater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow this job sucks. Starting to wish I had pulled the motor and rebuilt it nd done the oil pan that way. I'll post my full experience once it's complete and maybe help another guy down the road.

OP
OP
M

Motorboater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been struggling to find the time to work on my truck. But I have an issue. There is a bracket that starts on the the tranny nd hits the dust cover then hits the transfer case ( or front diff can't remember as I've been picking at it on weekends) and then it snakes up and integergrates into the drivers side engine mount and seems nd near impossible to get to. Haven't seen any mention of it in my research. Unless someone has a better or any idea, although no one has shown Any interest so far.... I'm thinking of cutting the bracket at the easiest possible spot to get to and then just bolting a pice of steal over the cut when all is said nd done.