Chevy commercials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok i know our trucks are bad a$$!! But i always wondered why they dont put the Ram brand up in comparison with chevy and ford...lol probably be afraid of being embarrassed...whats your guys thought...just all in fun haha

bamagrad03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The smartest play in marketing is to go after the top seller. It pulls double duty by devaluing the champ while also placing your product next to theirs - subliminally telling the consumer that you are:

a) equal or better than the champ
b) should be considered by anyone considering the champ

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chevy has nothing to worry about sales wise, with Ram. So they have nothing to gain by trying to make themselves look superior. It would be a waste of advertising dollars.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ram has popped at Ford for their frame flex. If you look up the bed flexing video.

Funny though, you hear Chevy saying they can tow more than any other truck. If you read the bottom, it says GAS ONLY. haha

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I am of the opinion that direct comparison with the competition is getting in the gutter and devalues the brand overall. Staying above the fray and stating what your vehicle does and what specifications it has and let the consumer make a choice on information rather than "engineered failure" comparisons is a better route.

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I work in sales, not truck sales thank God, but sales in large farm equipment. We train not to attack or devalue other brands even if we beat them at every feature or what have you. Its commonly held close that by doing so devalues OUR image/brand.

We want to gain and keep customers by providing the best possible product and service by our actions alone, not by another company falling short.

We also approach any sale with matching your need to a product we offer. After all that's what its all about in the end, getting the job done. So instead of saying we are better than such and such, we just advertise how our product will complete your task, show you the value in our product, and basically just show the complete picture of what we offer.

I do like the commercials though. The fine print on all of them is awesome. lol

Last edited:

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GMC does a comparison commercial to RAM and Ford. IIRC they claim most HP, highest towing capacity, and best fuel economy

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok i know our trucks are bad a$$!! But i always wondered why they dont put the Ram brand up in comparison with chevy and ford...lol probably be afraid of being embarrassed...whats your guys thought...just all in fun haha
So now Honda has an add where they drop pavers into their plastic Ridgeline bed to show their toy truck can take it. It does do better than the Aluminum F-150.

So why is a toy truck: an Odyssey frame with a car body shaped kinda like a pick-up and they want to pretend their little cross-over is a truck.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016...es-landscaping-stone-challenge/?intcmp=hphz12

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
So why is a toy truck: an Odyssey frame with a car body shaped kinda like a pick-up and they want to pretend their little cross-over is a truck.

It is easy to pick on the Ridgeline but once you understand their market focus, it makes sense. They are not out to convert or win over anybody that needs a big truck but keep their already Honda car customers that need something for the occasional bags of dirt, sod or light DIY build materials from the local big box home store.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The company I work for built the framing line and body and white rivet lines for the aluminum F150. 2 years ago we had F150 cabs. Beds, and fenders in my shop while we built these lines. The day I heard it was "military grade aluminum" it got me a bit curious. So I took my keys. Scratched it. And punched a hole into the door. Built ford tough...

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You don't need anything else when you have Sam Elliot narrating your commercials. He does RAM and Coors. Nuff Said.

springer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 express rcsb
Engine
pentastar 3.6 v6
The company I work for built the framing line and body and white rivet lines for the aluminum F150. 2 years ago we had F150 cabs. Beds, and fenders in my shop while we built these lines. The day I heard it was "military grade aluminum" it got me a bit curious. So I took my keys. Scratched it. And punched a hole into the door. Built ford tough...

Uh huh. That tool box corner holing the bed of that 'built ford tough 150' just cracks me up. Mil grade aluminum that might be suitable for fema trailers, lol.

I hope chevy keeps it up; cheap entertainment.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To me it seems silly as everyone is going to have some bed liner anyway right?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

I would be surprised if 20% of trucks every have a bed liner of some sort.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

if it takes a bed liner to save the bed from a tool box something is wrong....and I like ford. just cant believe the bed is aluminum too.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What did you punch a hole into the door with, your fist? How did your company feel about you purposely destroying product?