Chip shortage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bristowtl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I found out my warlock has fallen victim to the chip shortage. Currently sitting in jb status and won’t be released until it comes in. Wondering if anybody has some info on when these manufacturers should be receiving these chips to get shipping under way?

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I clicked on this because i thought it was going to be related to the ketchup packet shortage.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There are something like 140 - 160 semiconductors in a Ram

Almost all semiconductors are built in the Asian countries

Intel is going to build a Semiconductor factory To make chips for other companies, but that is a long time away

There is a myriad of reasons why automakers aren’t the top priority for chip manufacturers. First off, the auto industry only accounts for 5% or less of the global usage of chips, according to officials. Many of the chips the industry uses are older, or “legacy,” products that many companies aren’t willing to invest in to produce. They instead focus on more advanced semiconductors for tech and consumer products.

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a feeling I am in the same boat. 8 weeks and my salesman won't say a thing. Another 4 weeks and I can legally cancel my order with deposit returned. Don't really want to but if this is going to linger for another year I'll keep my old Chevy.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In in same boat jb status as of April 1st lol what a bad joke.

My truck along with tons of others are built just sitting on a lot waiting for chips to then be shipped.

The plants are shut down without an end in site.

My dealer said I can lease a car till mine comes in or buy a car and they will buy it back till mine comes in. As far as dealer trade lol or buying another ram lol or even buying another brand I literally have no option cause there are no crew cab 6.4ft bed trucks out there.

Oh and used truck prices are going through the roof. A dealer actually raised the price of a used truck while I was there looking lol.

ottfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
My 2021 Warlock was ordered February 27th. Original Delivery date was April 28th. That has now been moved to June 9th. Here's hoping !!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Perferd

JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

As long as you don't see this, you are doing good
JS – shipped to storage

the next thing that you should see is:
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck.
As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".
( which means that it is waiting to be loaded on a truck or train )

WireEd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They prioritize the modules that they have chips for toward trucks that are bought or ordered. Dealer ordered trucks would be stored first. They are not completely out of chips, just short so they usually prioritize actual customer first.

Bobthet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 warlock 2021
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered a Warlock Tuesday 5/11. Dealer tells me 10 to 12 weeks. Not sure I believe that! This is the 1st time a pre-ordered a vehicle. Anyone out there know of a way of keeping track of how my order is proceeding? The dealer gave me the order number but that’s all the info he gave me . Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Bobthet
The Warlock, is it a 1500 classic or does it have the 5th generation body style ?
I get confused when it comes to models

Hopefully you did not order too many fancier electronics

The best way to keep track of the vehicle is to stay friends with the sales person, he or she has the ability to ask the Sales manager or assistant sales manager what the current build stage is of the Ram.
Nothing physically will happen for at least 3 weeks, The Ram is only a piece of paper before then.

The other way of tracking will be through RamChat

Once you receive your VIN #, you can begin tracking

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bobthet
The Warlock, is it a 1500 classic or does it have the 5th generation body style ?
I get confused when it comes to models

Hopefully you did not order too many fancier electronics

The best way to keep track of the vehicle is to stay friends with the sales person, he or she has the ability to ask the Sales manager or assistant sales manager what the current build stage is of the Ram.
Nothing physically will happen for at least 3 weeks, The Ram is only a piece of paper before then.

The other way of tracking will be through RamChat

Once you receive your VIN #, you can begin tracking
Warlock is a classic.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that the 1500 Classics will end production on July 31

The 5th Gen Ram will end production on July 4th

But both dates are subject to change

Bobthet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 warlock 2021
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Appreciate the response. It is a classic. I figured it would be at least 4 weeks before anything happened. I will keep in touch with my sales person he’s within a mile from my home and I’ll drop in next month. Hopefully it will not be to much longer that that to get a vin#. I’ll post progress for others to get an idea of how long their orders will take with the problems that we are faced with at this time. Electronics ordered are the 4c navigation, electronics group and the luxury group. Hope it doesn’t delay it to much.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know the Surround View option is not available right now, because of the Chip shortage

I believe that the tailgate camera still works, because that is mandated by the National Traffic Safety Administration

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Bobthet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 warlock 2021
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That was updated as of 5/21 after a shut down for a while. Should pick up again

Bobthet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 warlock 2021
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stopped in to the dealership this afternoon and received my Vin #. Salesman expects delivery of my Warlock by the end of July. That remains to be seen. Trapper 1 says in his post above he’s has been in “D” status for 13 weeks! .....I hope his moves soon. I’ll up date as it progresses to the group.