Clicking sound in 4 wheel drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XPG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im new here and I have a issue. I have 2008 1500 SLT. When I put my trk in 4wd I hear a loud clicking noise coming from under the trk when in motion. No noise in 2wd. I have never owned a 4x4 before so I dont have a clue as to what this could be. Any ideas?? Thank you for your time.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Something with transfer case or u joint would be my guess. I will see what I can find.

OP
OP
X

XPG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
well does it click in 4wd when u engage it? or does it click when it 4x4 when in motion?
quick way to see if u have bad u joints just locate them in the front axle and u wiggle them and if they aren't tight that's more than likely your issue

milleraddison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I don't feel there is issue with the transfer case but sure there will be issue with u joints.. Check the ujoints on the front drive shaft.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
You most likely have a blown Half-Shaft Sir, as they will Break before the short Driveshaft from the T-Case......I have gone thru this at least 4 Times before learning that you must Buy the Mopar Ones as a rebuilt Cardone is good for about a Year. To verify put in 4 Hi, hit the gas and if it sounds like a clothes pin in you Bicycle wheel, Bingo. You should be able to see which one has the broken U-Joint by wiggling it up or down the Boot, if it moves you found the side thats toast, on mine it was at the Spicer Pot end inbound closest to the C205 Diff Pumpkin. Danny.

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You most likely have a blown Half-Shaft Sir, as they will Break before the short Driveshaft from the T-Case......I have gone thru this at least 4 Times before learning that you must Buy the Mopar Ones as a rebuilt Cardone is good for about a Year. To verify put in 4 Hi, hit the gas and if it sounds like a clothes pin in you Bicycle wheel, Bingo. You should be able to see which one has the broken U-Joint by wiggling it up or down the Boot, if it moves you found the side thats toast, on mine it was at the Spicer Pot end inbound closest to the C205 Diff Pumpkin. Danny.

how much did those mopar's cost you. compared to the cardone?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capotodd1982