Code p0456 on 2014 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi, so I have a ram 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi I keep getting this evap small leak code even after changing the gas to a brand new one and changing the evap thing that is above the gas tank ( i forgot it's name) does anyone have a solution for this? it is really annoying to keep getting the check engine light. Thank you.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had this code on my 2014 truck and after ruling out the gas cap I had to take it in to the dealer and they found/fixed a leak. I didn't ask to know where it was but presumably somewhere in the system and they had some method of finding it.

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look at the Purge Valve

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure but ill definitely order it now and see if it fixes it since I've made both changes ( Gas cap and Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump).

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 has had a reoccurring evap small leak code for several months now. Haven't bothered doing anything about it since it doesn't affect anything. There are two sensors, one at tank and other by intake. Comes on a few miles after filling the tank and goes out at about 3/4 tank.

At some point Ill try to track down a leaking vacuum line or just try replacing the sensors, but since it doesn't affect drivability I'm not in a hurry.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When the pump clicks off the first time when you know it is close to full, hang the nozzle up.

What can you accomplish by trying to get more into the tank ??
Are you trying to make the meter stop on a Zero ?
Are you trying to get another pint of gas in the tank ?

Or are you just trying to find out how much the
Charcoal Cannister, Vent Solenoid & Purge Solenoid cost this year ?

Just curious

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
When the pump clicks off the first time when you know it is close to full, hang the nozzle up.

What can you accomplish by trying to get more into the tank ??
Are you trying to make the meter stop on a Zero ?
Are you trying to get another pint of gas in the tank ?

Or are you just trying to find out how much the
Charcoal Cannister, Vent Solenoid & Purge Solenoid cost this year ?

Just curious
It had this code pop up since I bought it so it is not my doing. I stop whenever the pump stops. I am just trying to get this annoying check engine light to go away.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your truck is saying it wants 4.56 gears installed .

Ray Baumgarte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like your answer, Daw14.
I don't know the difference between the 2007 and the 2014 fuel tanks, but when I was checking, it seemed that there wasn't many other applications for the tank I needed, or allegedly!