Coil Spring Compressor ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Have a 2012 RAM1500. Tried to do the 5100 level upgrade. All going well until I get to the spring. My compressor tool is made for cars not trucks. The diameter (thickness) of the coils too big to safely hold onto. Went to a couple auto parts places and they have basically the same thing as me. Looked into buying a bigger set but nothing gives specs?

Anyone know a specific set that will work? Links are appreciated !
Thanks

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
That's what I'm afraid of lol Not worth the risk to me but have to find a shop that has a clue. $WD shops don't exist near me?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I'm afraid of lol Not worth the risk to me but have to find a shop that has a clue. $WD shops don't exist near me?

Any shop that replaces shocks and struts should have a coil compressor, even places like firestone, Goodyear or NTB

Do you have a link to the tool you were using?.....was it from Harbor freight?

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Most wont touch parts that I didn't buy from them. One idiot I found that would do it insisted I didn't need an alignment after??

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I borrowed the spring compressor for my Bils from O’Reilly and it could handle the OEM springs no problem. It was the set that comes with hooks at each end on a long threaded shank. I took my sweet time compressing each side equally and incrementally.

The only issue I have with having someone else do it, is them improperly installing and torquing the top nut.